Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review, i am definitely going to give the Red grape juice,strawberry and Kiwi juice a try (70%,strawberry purée 20%, kiwi puree 10%) I still have enough mulled red grape juice and apple/raspberry juice to make another 4 DJ's so it will be after they have finished.

IMG_6192.jpg

recipe please sir

also this thread needs cleaning up again to just be recipes

There is a recipe only thread in the recipe forum, i intend to add recipes and comments from here to the other as they are posted and reviewed.

I have added a new one tonight (see last post in thread) http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33606

I don't think you will be able to get the mulled red grape juice as it was a Christmas special but if you still can or can get any of the other bottled red grape juice make it to -

Edit to add - if you can only get the plain red grape juice use a litre of apple juice or apple/raspberry juice with a litre of the RGJ as using 2 litres of the plain RGJ could turn out bland.

2 x litres of juice.

Sugar 800g.

1 cup of strong black tea (3 bags) for Tannin.

1 teaspoon of Pectolace.

1 teaspoon of Yeast

1 teaspoon yeast nutrient

1 teaspoon glycerine

thank you i have now found the recipe only thread just saves my mrs having to read a load of stuff

the less she knows the better lol

Hi, quick one. Before Christmas I started a WOW variant and it's been in the DJ for around 8/9 weeks now. I haven't added anything yet or racked it, but fermentation has long finished and the wine has cleared itself now.
Is their anything I need to do now before bottling? Obviously I would normally add stabiliser rack onto s campden tablet etc but with it cleared is this needed?
Thanks

A busy night tonight.

6 x bottles red grape juice with strawberry and kiwi

1 x bottle of mulled red grape juice.

2 x cartons of apple/raspberry juice.

1 x carton of apple juice.

All the above are 100% juice.

3750g sugar.

Tannin - 1.5 litres of black tea (10 bags)

4 teaspoons youngs super wine yeast compound.

5 teaspoons Pectolace

5 teapoons yeast nutrient

5 teaspoons glycerine.

I haven't used the ASDA RGJ/strawberry and kiwi juice before so i am looking forward to tasting this.

a4444444444.png

Hi, quick one. Before Christmas I started a WOW variant and it's been in the DJ for around 8/9 weeks now. I haven't added anything yet or racked it, but fermentation has long finished and the wine has cleared itself now.
Is their anything I need to do now before bottling? Obviously I would normally add stabiliser rack onto campden tablet etc but with it cleared is this needed?
Thanks

Wine is stabilised to stop fermentation so the remaining yeast do not ferment added or residual sugar after bottling, not stabilising could cause the corks to come out or worse the bottles to explode.

Bottled this rgj strawberry n kiwi just a week ago and my missus polished off the last bottle tonight, she says its the best yet. You will like this one chippy for sure. Will have to make a bigger batch like you're doing next time.

Bottled this rgj strawberry n kiwi just a week ago and my missus polished off the last bottle tonight, she says its the best yet. You will like this one chippy for sure. Will have to make a bigger batch like you're doing next time.

Did you use 2 litres of Asdas RGJ, Strawberry & Kiwi juice in 1 gallon?
I do like the sound of this one and might have to give it a try :)

My best juice wine so far has been ...

1½ L Red Grape 89%, Rasberry 7%, Cherry 4% Tesco fresh juice
+ ½ L Apple 90%, Raspberry 9%. Tesco fresh juice
I didn't back sweeten this one. My mistake on some others was to back sweeten at time of bottling..... tasted fine then but at drinking had become too sweet. I don't back sweeten any now.

BUT I have just bottled this one and have great hopes for this too...
1 L Grape & Berry. 1 L Apple & Mango (fresh from Morrisons)

Did you use 2 litres of Asdas RGJ, Strawberry & Kiwi juice in 1 gallon
yes 2tr, did leave quite a bit of pulp after initial rack so topped up demi with half ltr apple juice and left for a few days before stabilising and finings.

A busy night tonight.

6 x bottles red grape juice with strawberry and kiwi

1 x bottle of mulled red grape juice.

2 x cartons of apple/raspberry juice.

1 x carton of apple juice.

All the above are 100% juice.

3750g sugar.

Tannin - 1.5 litres of black tea (10 bags)

4 teaspoons youngs super wine yeast compound.

5 teaspoons Pectolace

5 teapoons yeast nutrient

5 teaspoons glycerine.

I haven't used the ASDA RGJ/strawberry and kiwi juice before so i am looking forward to tasting this.

a4444444444.png

Hi Chippy, Is the above to make 5 gallon or 6 gallon.

Going to give this one a go but without the mulled juice, changed to just rgj.

I tried 10 litres of apple and pear juice once and the taste was too much, had to dilute slightly.

Cheers BILL

I tried 10 litres of apple and pear juice once and the taste was too much, had to dilute slightly.

Cheers BILL

Cheers BILL

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum.

Its 5 gallons, i had the mulled RGJ left over or would have used another RGJ/strawberry and kiwi.

When i have a DJ free i am going to try 2 bottles of the red grape, strawberry and kiwi and see what it turns out like, this may lead to a 10 bottle bucket version later if its good.

did you leave off citric acid on purpose.

I haven't used citric acid in my wines for a while as i made one without it (forgot to replace it when i ran out) and i couldn't tell the difference, Mrs Tea says she doesn't suffer as much from heartburn since we stopped using it.

Cheers Chippy,

I now have the brew up and running.

Just finished 1 apple & Pear and 1 Apple wine made from 220g of wgj concentrate from Wilkos and 1 carton of juice for each brew plus the usual 1 teaspoon of each pectolase, nutrient, citric acid, yeast and glycerine and strong tea, these 2 brews are really very nice.

Regards

Bill

I haven't used citric acid in my wines for a while as i made one without it (forgot to replace it when i ran out) and i couldn't tell the difference, Mrs Tea says she doesn't suffer as much from heartburn since we stopped using it.

very interesting i suffer really badly with heartburn even after a salad lol

so what does the citric do then and is there anything you absolutely need it in

Latest posts

Back