superstitions, quirky things you do whilst home brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
Had 5 mins to add an hops addition and I thought 'what the hell am I wearing my manky top again?'
Well I've always wore it or a blue engineers jacket before doing any work..then a cuppa and think about the task at hand!
Do you have and querky superstitions or what u do to prepare yourself doing HB'ing
It might just be just the way you do in with the left hand whilst listening to your fav music lol
I'll start it of with a pic of my manky top!! Never been washed for a long time!

Should be s laugh...:-)

Well only made the one brew so don't have a tradition as such but I intend to have a beer while brewing. And it seem my 3 year old daughter needs to be involved in everything from brewing to bottle day, so i have a helper monkey.

20170115_191001.jpg

Well only made the one brew so don't have a tradition as such but I intend to have a beer while brewing. And it seem my 3 year old daughter needs to be involved in everything from brewing to bottle day, so i have a helper monkey.

20170115_191001.jpg

I don't think I'd trust my 3 year old not to either drop a full bottle or pull off the bottling wand when the FV tap is switched on!

Haha, that top made me think about the guy on YouTube who is so paranoid about infecting his beer from dirt on his clothes that he brews in his underpants. Your top would terrify him!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

I think that youtube vid would terrify me!

Is this the one you mean Iain? It's brilliant MyQul, you'll never sanitise the same way again.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJocMX7Ex-Y[/ame]

My one foible is that I don't drink anything alcoholic until the Wort Cooler has been deployed and the temperature has been dropped below 50 degrees. :thumb:

It's more a "survival" thing than a "superstition" because even stone-cold sober I'm still clumsy enough to do myself damage! :doh:

My one foible is that I don't drink anything alcoholic until the Wort Cooler has been deployed and the temperature has been dropped below 50 degrees. :thumb:

It's more a "survival" thing than a "superstition" because even stone-cold sober I'm still clumsy enough to do myself damage! :doh:

Ha ha!
Imaging if I have a drink??? Bloody hell all will set loose!! Lol
Today is reading and fathom the water treatment stickie...wish me luck! Got two of them dip it in the water and get a reading thingys...
But I'll put in on the thread once I get around to it!!!
Bet it's going to be a laugh with me trying to fathom it out lol

Ha ha!
Imaging if I have a drink??? Bloody hell all will set loose!! Lol
Today is reading and fathom the water treatment stickie...wish me luck! Got two of them dip it in the water and get a reading thingys...
But I'll put in on the thread once I get around to it!!!
Bet it's going to be a laugh with me trying to fathom it out lol

Good grief, that looks complicated!

Do you get a certificate after you learn how to use it? :whistle:

Enjoy! :thumb: :thumb:

Hey, I'm just the same only my rule is not to have a beer until the boiler is up to mash temperature.

Back