Suppliers?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littonlad

Reaction score
Just drinking my first batch which is a Chardonnay (kit) fromWineworks,so now looking to get another on the go,probably a medium red.
Can anyone recommend any particular kit supplier? It's for everyday gulping not a long term thing, and easy,I'm new to this, (oh and a good price too :D )

:D

I'm not much help with kit's but have you ever considered making WoW (Wurzel Orange Wine) ?

Its almost as easy as a kit and is an entry level do it yourself wine. There is an awsome guide by Moley here. You might be able to make it for around the same price of a kit depending what you allready have around the house.

Cheers

Marrsy

Got a gallon of that going yesterday,it's bubbling away like an old boiler.

And I intend to get more of that type going. Just need something in plentyfull supply for everyday drinking really, cheap and quick.

:cheers:

Thanks for the plug Marrsy, but any juice combination wine should be less than half the price of any half decent kit wine.

Littonlad: For red wines try the mid price range kits like Beaverdale or California Connoisseur ranges.

For white wines and rosés, stick to the supermarket juices.

I'll get round to cider at some stage I'm sure. At the mo it's wine and lager till I get over the novelty of being able to do this and enjoy it.

Where's a good supplier of the wine kits suggested? Wineworks seems expensive to me.

Wilkinsons is alright. Tesco express is very good!. also my local "home and hardware" does deals. maybe there is one near you.
just have a general look online.

Peapodmaster said:
Wilkinsons is alright. Tesco express is very good!. also my local "home and hardware" does deals. maybe there is one near you.
just have a general look online.

Your local Tesco sells homebrew kit :shock: ?

littonlad said:
Just drinking my first batch which is a Chardonnay (kit) fromWineworks,so now looking to get another on the go,probably a medium red.
Can anyone recommend any particular kit supplier? It's for everyday gulping not a long term thing, and easy,I'm new to this, (oh and a good price too :D )

Harris Homebrew do their own cabernet sauvignon kit £30 in the shop or a few quid more if mail order. You will find them on any search engine. After 3 months maturing its not bad after 6 you will start to feel more selfish and less willing to share :D

yeahhh. there is like a whole section on it. they've got from king kegs to fermentation buckets to hydrometers to wine kits to theifs to finings to yeasts. just about everything except very specifics. its very good.

(not really my "local" its in camborne which is 12 miles)

Peapodmaster said:

yeahhh. there is like a whole section on it. they've got from king kegs to fermentation buckets to hydrometers to wine kits to theifs to finings to yeasts. just about everything except very specifics. its very good.

(not really my "local" its in camborne which is 12 miles)

:shock: That's awesome! I'm going to have to check out the big Tescos around where I live, never thought they would sell anything like that, I usually only go in to stock up on apple juice. :thumb:

Marrsy

I think they've only recently started stocking it. Homebrewing generally rises in popularity during a recession and it wouldn't be like Tesco to miss out on a market like that.

Of the bigger retailers Wilkinson's is cheaper though.

Yeahh, can't remember what section it was in for me... inbetween the garden and birthday cards i think, hard time finding it with my little brother!

Latest posts

Back