Tap tower

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
“Small glycol tank and pump in your keg cooler of choice.”.
Don’t want to hijack but can you expand on this part a bit please as I’m looking to do similar. Cheers.

“Small glycol tank and pump in your keg cooler of choice.”.
Don’t want to hijack but can you expand on this part a bit please as I’m looking to do similar. Cheers.

Here's a really old video from Chris (before he became a pro).

Shows the process of making a diy python line. I think he uses poor man's glycol (aka saline) in this, and just an old fermenting bucket. Not sure on the pump. But I'm sure another of his videos covers pumps.

Not for me mate. Not the look i'm after.

Anyway, so after some trial and error, found these:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184133688931which do the job nicely, using the 2" - 3/4" pipe reducer.

I've got a 4" shank in there at the moment, which I think is going to be too long, will have to have a trial fit out and see how it looks. But I'm happy with the shank in terms of how it's fixed.

Attachments

• IMG-4413.jpg
    IMG-4413.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-4414.jpg
    IMG-4414.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 33
That works well, I just stuck the shank through the hole and tightened up the back nut! I did find I needed a steel washer on the front to stop the twisty bit that attaches to the tap getting too tight against the bush. I assumed you were going to screw in the brass reducing bush to the front of the 2" one.
How easy is it to cut down the shanks? I've just ordered some Nukataps but they don't fit the current shanks I have installed so have also now bought the 100mm ones, they do look far too long from your photos.

not easy at all! I mean you could shorten them, but then you lose the bit at the end.. I have seen some 3" ones which would be ideal but they don't come in stainless... Might have to accept that for the better fit.

I was going to use your method, but I found the 5/8 to 3/4 and thought i'd try that. I will most likely need a washer on there too.. Or I might just put the brass bush that comes with the shank on the front and use that. At least then I can ensure a tight fit with no interaction with the twisty bit.

I'm going Nukataps too - I think in worst case scenario, If I can't find suitable shanks I'll just add more threaded nipples to bring out the tap a bit. But would prefer 3" shanks if I can find them in stainless.

Back