TC recipe with these ingredients

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klemay83

Reaction score
My good lady has requested me to make her some cider since its been a couple of years since i've done any. i'm a little rusty on knocking one up.

today i went out and got

3L Don Simon Apple, Mango and Passion Fruit Juice
1L of Tesco Apple, Peach, Passion Fruit and Mango Juice
1L of Tesco apple juice
a tin of peach halves

i've got a Mangrove Jacks cider yeast to do it with.

Looking to do 10L

Can someone point me in the direction for good TC recipe?

hello mate,

Hmm. interest choice of juices there, first thing that springs to mind is that the mango/peach/passion will be pretty pulpy, although I've just looked at the Don Simon juice and it's only got a juice content of 30% (rest is water). The tesco juices are alright though (100% juice).

The peach fruit will make it super pulpy too, so you'll maybe lose a bit of volume with 30-40mm of crud at the bottom of your brew bucket/FV..

However... if it was like ready steady cook (or brew), I would

get:
another 3L of AJ
some pectolase (2 heaped tsp)
some tea bags (3)
Hydrometer

Then I would
1. Clean FV
2. Put juices in
3. Put pectolase in, dissolved in a little warm water
4. Put 1L hot tea in (stewed with 3 tea bags) - take the tea bags out before you pour it in
5. Top up to 10L with cold tap water
6. Take hydrometer reading (should be around 1.035-1.040)
7. Sprinkle yeast on the top
9. Put lid on/airlock if used
10. Stick somewhere warm (ca 22-25 deg)

After 10 days
11. Take Hydrometer reading, if round about 1.000 - it's done and move on, otherwise leave a bit longer

If it's done, and you aren't priming it..

12. Bottle up (being careful not to disturb the sediment) and leave in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks to clear/condition

or if you are

13. Siphon/rack to clean FV/carboy (being careful not to disturb the sediment)
14. Add priming sugar dissolved in just enough warm water (I use about 6g per 500ml bottle), mix in well
15. Bottle up immediately
16. Leave in a warm place for at least a week for the cider to clear and more importantly, carb up
17. Leave in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks to clear/condition

It should come out at round about 5-5.5% abv. Although the Don Simon juice is only 30% juice, it's got added sugar, so the sugar content is in line with the 100% fruit juice juices

Hope that helps !

Roddy,

cheers matey! i'll probably strain the juices through a paint filter. and i'll do what i did when i made a Toffee Apple cider with pear halves. mash them up and sanitise with a bit of boiled water.

Back