Tell us about your regular/house brews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 base recipes for bitter I use, one light TTL inspired one, one copper with a dash of amber malt and a deeper hued kinda amber one, shifting around hops a bit between brews.
Then I have probably settled on a late victorian-era inspired house porter recipe, and the same for bottled stout. My ordinary(single) stout and imperial stout are the same recipe but kicked up from 1.075 to 1.100 as a nod to the part-gyling of old.
Working on a brown ale recipe to become a template for house brown after I failed on making an Irish red-ish ale that was not a very good red but a decent brown...

Cracking thread Rory.

Was also surprised to see cascade pale your first up. Me too. A simple smash.

Also a couple of bitters, and somthing that started as "old speckled hen" but has wondered off a bit. Probably more "other side of the road" by now.

I'm still trying to perfect my recipes, the ones I posted are still being tweaked. The US wheat one is more of a base to add things like orange & coriander, edelflower or frozen raspberries.

Sometimes I just leave it plain. Probably more of a wit with us-05 or kölsch yeast than a us wheat really. I don't add a lot of hops and tend to use noble hops for the job.

I brew many beers and several of them are brewed fairly regularly. There are just a few though that have become stock beers because I like them the most: Best Bitter, Czech Lager, Porter, Stout, Imperial Stout.

I may also now have a Pale Ale (Pirate Pale) to join this select band and possibly a German Lager that family and friends raved over - I’ve brewed another batch to check the last batch wasn’t just a fluke! 😂

Irish Red and Dry Stout have been on regular rotation over the past 6 months and that will likely continue when I get my mixed gas setup sorted.

I rarely used to brew the same recipe, but have been refining these and think I'm nearly there.

I do a Pale/IPA with just a basic malt bill and Summit which I whirlpool as it is a high AA hop. I also do a Tribute style ale with Styrian always nice easy drinker, even then they are nevre the exact same just variants of

The regulars here are based on the hops I grow in the garden, as I always have loads of them: Styrian Goldings, Cascade and Challenger. Styrian and Cascade Pale Ales are made every few brews, in fact Styrians go in most things as I can never use the quantity my bine produces every year.

The regulars here are based on the hops I grow in the garden, as I always have loads of them: Styrian Goldings, Cascade and Challenger. Styrian and Cascade Pale Ales are made every few brews, in fact Styrians go in most things as I can never use the quantity my bine produces every year.
Growing your own hops is so cool! Are there other growers in your area you can organise a hop exchange with?

I quite fancy a go at the Vacant Gesture and I'd like to get a bit closer than the recipe kindly posted above. Harrison's calls for Planet extra pale, which I haven't got, but I do aim to track some down. But in the meantime is M.O extra pale a closer match at around 3 ebc or is it Golden Promise at 5 ebc. I think Planet is around 4 ebc.
Has anyone here used Planet?

My most frequent brew is an ordinary bitter loosely based on Otter Ale/Old Hooky. Recipe is still in flux but is currently

3kg Pale
250g Crystal 240
250g Munich

30g Challenger FWH
30g Fuggles 10 min
30g Fuggles 0 min

CML Midland

Next time round I'm adding a touch of melanoidin (2%) & more Fuggles

'Flakey' bitter (with flaked barley) Grey Sheep bitter, oatmeal stout, and, of course, parsnip stout! :D

My original basic recipe for session house beer 4%
Maris otter 85%
Crystal 7.5%
Torrified wheat 7.5%
Hops as required
Ale yeast
Malts can be substituted for required colour and taste, easy basic recipe for experimenting with hop's

Latest posts

Back