thanks for help all *hic*

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fally over oops

Reaction score
started off 2 x 25 litre bins of cider a couple of weeks ago and would like to thank everyone for their help! especially samarith for helping with my serious lack of experience :thumb:

it was a bit of a bodge job but i've ended with various different batches. just bottled sunday but i put some into 330ml pop bottles to taste over the next 2 weeks :D

batch 1 - mainly real pears, plus apple, cranberry and raspberry juices - something that is drinkable, ended up at 10% abv, but really needed a bit more fruit juice, i might sneak a bit of flavouring in there before each bottle goes in the fridge :lol:

batch 2 - mainly real mixed fruit and a bit of real pears, plus cranberry/raspberry and forest fruits juices - something that is really nice already :eek: ended up at about 12% abv which is near what i wanted :shock: and goes down too easily :cheers:

batch 3 - mainly real mixed fruit, lots of apple juice - probably beyond saving, but maybe in a few weeks from now the cider conditioning fairies will have paid me a visit :pray: can't think where i went wrong but the apple juice was out of date (got 6 litres for £1.20) so maybe it was that.

if these batches had gone pear shaped i may well have given up on the homebrew that now i'm sure with what i've learnt on the forum my next attempts will be better. and maybe i should try trial btaches instead of 50 litres next time :lol:

Unless something is infected it almost always improves with a bit of time to mature. There is no rule that states 'Thou shall drink it as it was made', a weak flavour can be fixed with a splash of cordial and overpowering one with some lemonade.

I've been brewing on and off for nearly 30 years, I still produce the odd batch that should get a bio-hazard label, speaking of which I hope Cussword is still with us. :whistle:

Latest posts

Back