That Dreaded Flawoooosh....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puravida

Landlord.
Reaction score
... when you hit the bottom of a corny of beer you've REALLY enjoyed.

This time made even more annoying as I kept lousy records fr that particular brewday so reproducing it will be impossible!!!! :cry:

puravida said:
This time made even more annoying as I kept lousy records fr that particular brewday so reproducing it will be impossible!!!! :cry:

Thats sods law for you. Bet you keep better records in the future.

Worst think is the next brew is a good week away from being ready.
Not even in the keg yet!!

Sometimes its hard enough to get it right even if you do have the notes. I brewed my best ever bitter a year ago. The first time I tried to replicate it fermented at to higher temp and was un drinkable, the second time I left some one else sparge it for me and I ended up with a beer 10 points below what I wanted (still reluctantly drinking it). Brewed it again before Christmas and I seems very promising.

Yes I had similar over the weekend, went rooting for a couple of bottles of Banks's Original, none left :shock:

I do keep loads of notes, so looks like when the makings arrive later today this will be the next one brewed :thumb:

Its never a nice noise, I had 2 go within a few pints on Friday.. looked round to see what was next and think I also need to get brewing... :hmm:

I feel your pain,

I made a clone..ish of broklyn larger for swmbo, cornied 19l and bottled the remaining 2l into 4 bottles.

I drank most of the cornie by myself.. loved it! heard the dreaded noise.. there are 4 bottles left gagging to be drunk but she has put her foot down.. those ones are hers!! :nono:

I have a replacement fermenting at the moment but but it needs to finish then lager and condition!! :cry:

Latest posts

Back