The big question.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1706986704138.png

I would love to say yes but its a no from me.

I like my tech way too much, i also dont miss the memory of getting up first in a freezing cold house because we only had the coal fire in the living room i also dont miss changing engine oil, re-gapping points and changing plugs regularly as they didn't last as long as today's modern ones (no points to gap now)

Imagine someone telling you back then you would be carrying your TV, phone and camera in your pocket in a box not much bigger than a fag packet :D

Last edited:
I'd happily go back to the mid to late 70s being a teenager, going punk gigs, with the odd heavy metal and pub rock gig, Knebworth and Reading Festivals.
Hitch hiking down to Cornwall with my mate Mark and a tent for our summer holiday.
Drinking beer in pubs since I was 16,no ID then. Got a birthday card from the pub on my 18th birthday.
We didn't need the internet.

I'd happily go back to the mid to late 70s being a teenager, going punk gigs, with the odd heavy metal and pub rock gig, Knebworth and Reading Festivals.
Hitch hiking down to Cornwall with my mate Mark and a tent for our summer holiday.
Drinking beer in pubs since I was 16,no ID then. Got a birthday card from the pub on my 18th birthday.
We didn't need the internet.

If you wanted to you could still do those things (apart from being 16 again :laugh8:). I went to a gig in a pub just before Christmas and it was great.

I don't think there's any doubt that social media has caused huge problems.
The problem with social media is they simply dont have enough staff to deal with problems i have reported some shocking tweets over the years and nothing gets done many accounts are false so there is no fear of comeback and hat is why my account is set to only see content from people i follow.

The problem with social media is they simply dont have enough staff to deal with problems i have reported some shocking tweets over the years and nothing gets done many accounts are false so there is no fear of comeback and hat is why my account is set to only see content from people i follow.

I think I read recently that 40% of social media is 'created' by bots. Its the reason why ChatGTP and the like weren't trained on anything after 2021.

It's a reluctant no from me too but I wish the country could go back to the 70's
We were bankrupt as a country, there was a cost of living crisis, power outages, corrupt politicians, fears of global confict and major unrest in the middle east, right wing papers spouting about immigrants, NHS staff out on strike, people "remembering" how much better it was 30/40 years before (the goodold blitz spirit!)....and much more besides
What makes you think haven't?

We were bankrupt as a country, there was a cost of living crisis, power outages, corrupt politicians, fears of global confict and major unrest in the middle east, right wing papers spouting about immigrants, NHS staff out on strike, people "remembering" how much better it was 30/40 years before (the goodold blitz spirit!)....and much more besides
What makes you think haven't?

That'll be a no then ;)

Latest posts

Back