The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leader Sir Ed Davey says the general election will be a "chance to kick Rishi Sunak’s appalling Conservative government out of office and deliver the change the public is crying out for".

“The NHS has been brought to its knees, people’s mortgages and rents have soared by hundreds of pounds a month and water companies have got away with pumping filthy sewage into our rivers and beaches.

"All because this Conservative government is more interested in fighting between themselves than standing up for the needs of the country."

BBC News

The last time UK went to the polls in July was 1945, which was a huge labour landslide.
If labour wins the next election, it will be the UKs 6th prime minister in 8 years, extraordinary.

The PM revealed the date in a rain-soaked Downing Street speech, as Labour's 1997 election anthem 'Things Can Only Get Better' blared from a nearby street
😂 ******* brilliant! I wonder whether someone has had a boombox ready for months just waiting, or they just happened to have one with the right song queued up just at the right time.

Either way, that's hilarious! You can hear it clearly in his speech and he gets wetter and wetter 🤣🤣🤣

10 days then?
No - June is the 6th month, in the first half of the year...

I'm amazed he didn't go for February to give him an extra 6 months in power.

Maybe he's just fed up with it all and wants out early ?
He couldn't have gone for February, Parliament would have automatically dissolved on 17 December 2024, and then it's 25 working days which would have been Tuesday 28 January, but the convention is to have it on a Thursday so 23 January.

There is a thought that says his wife wanted him to complete their probable move to California in time for the new school year....
😂 ******* brilliant! I wonder whether someone has had a boombox ready for months just waiting, or they just happened to have one with the right song queued up just at the right time.
Supposedly it was Steve Bray, who's been disrupting interviews etc around Parliament for some years now.

They discussed Sunaks "Stop the boat" policy on 5 live earlier and basically said it'll never work, i have just checked and in 2023 29,473 made it here if the capacity is only 200 a year how was that ever going to work?

Its not a wonder he has thrown the towel in.

The scheme will allow the government to send asylum seekers "entering the UK illegally" to Rwanda. Most of those affected will be people arriving in small boats. The capacity of the proposed facility in Rwanda is 200 people annually, representing just 0.7% of 2023 small boat arrivals.

1716474756349.png

They discussed Sunaks "Stop the boat" policy on 5 live earlier and basically said it'll never work, i have just checked and in 2023 29,473 made it here if the capacity is only 200 a year how was that ever going to work?

View attachment 99755
They have no intention of stopping the boats, anyone who can't see that is blind

View attachment 99755
Frankly, the whole small boats thing is a massive diversion which the centre-right press have picked up on.
Net Migration to this country was 685,000 last year. 29,000 is around 4% of that number. Four per cent.

No-one is questioning who the other 655,000 people that came to live here were.
There's an argument that if you said to those 29,000 people "You have to go out to work or go back to where you came from", I reckon most would go out to work. And we import 44,000 fruit pickers a year alone, so send those 29,000 out and we only need to import 15,000.

If they actually focussed on the things that impact people on a day-to-day basis - the state of the NHS, the pound in people's pocket, the toilet that is our economy and fiscal drag which means we're all paying considerably more tax - people would have rioted. The majority of people in this country are not at all impacted by boat people.

So they have to find something to draw all the right wingers together to keep the Tories in power.

Problem is, the right-right wing press (GB News, Daily Mail and so on), are using this as a vehicle to try and bring in a nationalist party.
Let's be frank, there are a huge number of people who would happily get rid of anyone who isn't straight and white from the country.

No-one is questioning who the other 655,000 people that came to live here were.
There's an argument that if you said to those 29,000 people "You have to go out to work or go back to where you came from", I reckon most would go out to work. And we import 44,000 fruit pickers a year alone, so send those 29,000 out and we only need to import 15,000
So if 685,000 people came to live here, can you explain why 29,000 are here illegally living in hotels and barges costing millions of pounds a day when the other 655,000 cost nothing how does that work, don't get me wrong i wish no one any harm i am not racist i just need someone to explain how it works and why

Thats a very Brave and assumptive statement to say
"Let's be frank, there are a huge number of people who would happily get rid of anyone who isn't straight and white from the country."
That makes a HUGE number of us Racist and Homophobic then
Edit
What is this Huge number and where did you get the figures from or is this just how the people on the left see the rest of people who may not agree with their sentiments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back