The downfall of the Tory party.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ppppre.JPG

I said there were several translations of "hasta la vista baby" I chose "Until the next time we see each other" as I think we will see him again.
I didn't say that is what he meant it was my interpretation i still believe he was goading the back stabbers but we will never know.

What is the meaning of Hasta La Vista Baby?

The term "Hasta la vista", literally "Until the view", is a Spanish farewell that can generally be understood as meaning -
"Until the (next) time we see each other" or "See you later" or "Goodbye".

Last edited:
First class whataboutist. From what I'm seeing here.
The true greats keep you guessing.

Stumbled upon The Office by accident as a young lad and for the first while genuinely thought it was a documentary.

I reckon he's a fan of Jonathan Pie and/or Ian Iannucci

Exactly. As a parent that fiasco ensured I could never vote lib dem.
Uni fees should have remained at a level where it was possible to pay them off, now it's just another tax on the young
Same happened to labour in Ireland. Went in with our Tories and ended up trying to privatise water and sell it off to a telecoms magnate.

They're dying off now as a party and rightfully so.

Shame though, they were majorly responsible for the Celtic Tiger initially.

Other parties are filling the void they left now. Joys of not having FPTP 😝

Same happened to labour in Ireland. Went in with our Tories and ended up trying to privatise water and sell it off to a telecoms magnate.

They're dying off now as a party and rightfully so.

Shame though, they were majorly responsible for the Celtic Tiger initially.

Other parties are filling the void they left now. Joys of not having FPTP 😝
Agreed

As a parent that fiasco ensured I could never vote lib dem.
It's amazing how the lib dem always get the blame for an unpopular Tory policy. Credit where credits due, The PR section of the Tory really is impressive at having it always be someone else's fault.

If you can't vote lib dem, I sincerely hope you didn't switch to the Tories

It's amazing how the lib dem always get the blame for an unpopular Tory policy. Credit where credits due, The PR section of the Tory really is impressive at having it always be someone else's fault.

The Tories (and labour) did a hatchet job on the Lib Dems, though I do remember reading somewhere that historically junior partners of coalitions nearly always do badly.

Or Lib Dem policy is la la land

I am sitting in an apartment in the Correze near the end of a 2 week fishing holiday. Drinking a few beers and this is the best entertainment tonight but these are some of the things I believe. What’s is your situation?

Tony Blair’s government came up with university fees

Right, for life

From the 1960s to the 1980s​

In the ‘Robbins era’ a political culture of social democracy and high public expenditure coexisted with the traditions of university autonomy established by the UGC. Despite new foundations, universities could still be seen as a single national system committed to common values and fundable on a uniform basis. Although universities are not usually seen as part of the ‘welfare state’, equality of opportunity was interpreted to mean that higher education should be a right, deriving from common citizenship, for all qualified to benefit from it (the ‘Robbins principle’). It was not a universal benefit, but paying for it from general taxation seemed acceptable if universities recruited strictly on merit. They were obliged to adopt admission procedures, organised nationally from 1961 by what is now the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS), which treated all students equally, and even the most prestigious universities were open to all. The best higher education could no longer be bought by the rich, and ‘needs blind admission’ – sometimes cited as a virtue of American universities, though only the richest can afford it – was the rule throughout the system. Free higher education was seen as a long-term investment in human and intellectual capital, and those who benefited from it would expect to pay through progressive taxation for its extension to future generations. All this was seen as a permanent social achievement. Thus, the recent erosion of free higher education has had a symbolic and emotional impact as it seems to reverse the tide of progress.

Historyandpolicy.org

So, this "Kangaroo court" has a majority of tory members, it was mentioned on the radio today the tory members were all Brexit leavers as well, yet even they voted unanimously against him. This is a man with no moral scruples whatsoever which has been proven over the years. He has been sacked twice by the press for lying, that on its own is a feat, unfaithful to his wife while she was being treated for cancer, made promises before becoming the Mayor of London that he later when back on, he lied to the Queen and of course we have the Brexit lies, how well is that going. Before the last election the tory party made a point of keeping him away from any serious interviews, remember him hiding in a fridge, and along with an overwhelming bias press and extremely poor opposition got him into office and was kept in office by the same tory press. Unfortunately for us he came to power just after Trump and took up his mantra of just keep lying and some will belive you but luckily for us there are some in our political system that do have some scruples.

Back