the draft experience at home which machine?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loveabitofclaret

Reaction score
Hello all,

Due to this coronavirus unfortunately I cannot even risk to go out due to my disability. However I do like a nice fresh pint. I have recently become interested in these draft machines which I meant to give you the perfect pint in the kitchen.

So far I have narrowed it down to a beertender and a Philips perfect draft.

Has anyone got any experience on these machines?

Perhaps anyone might know if there is a machine that can do both types of kegs?

Look forward to hearing from you

best to see what beers are in each format, I know you can get KWAK and Triple karmeliet in the perfect draft system. There are lots of beers for the philips system available in the Vanuxeem beer warehouse when I've visited and TBH I'm tempted to get the Phillips.

My concern with these is that it locks you into buying a certain type of keg - for that reason I've never got one. What I do have (for my homebrew) is a simple keg & co2 canister. I bought it from dark farm for £110ish with a discount code.

Attachments

• solstice_keg_balcony.jpg
    solstice_keg_balcony.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 97
My concern with these is that it locks you into buying a certain type of keg - for that reason I've never got one. What I do have (for my homebrew) is a simple keg & co2 canister. I bought it from dark farm for £110ish with a discount code.

This would be the route I would go down in your position and probably one I will go down myself. Assuming you do homebrew then these kegs can be refilled at a fraction of the cost compared to the branded kegs used the stand alone draft systems.

It may not look quite as smart in the kitchen, but the attached setup should last the duration of your homebrew hobby with the freedom to add whatever beer you want.

i turned 50 couple of week back got one of these as a gift from my brother he knows i mess about with home brew kits anyway it looks the part nice bit of kit etc but here's what i don't get there is no fizz so a lager tastes flat whats the point as it chills down to 3 degrees so bit to cool for an ale ? not sure about it

Latest posts

Back