Thinking of making a turbo cider...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JhnMcK

Reaction score
I've been thinking about what my next brew could be. I've decided that I'll probably give making a cider a go given I've already made wine and the Fiery Ginger Beer already. My preference with cider though is that I like it with a little fruity flavour so I'm thinking of just fermenting out 4.5L of Apple juice (as a test) and racking this onto about 500g of blackberries (currently sat in the freezer as my Mum likes to collect fruits and save them for any occasion). Is this likely to work or I am best just chucking it all in the primary? It's just that I've read that the primary fermentation can take a lot of that flavour away and I'm not really a plain cider kind of guy. Rekorderlig's Strawberry and Lime is my favourite

If you want to taste the fruit as fruit, best added at the end, yeh.
But I'd do 4l AJ and .5l somethign else, and then rack onto the brambles.

How long would you leave it on the fruit for the flavour to develop out of interest? I've had a couple of attempts at turbo cider and the flavour was pretty bland.

Don't know really, I don't like fruit-flavoured cider so I don't make it, I'm just passing on a consensus of opinion from others.
What I do is use half a litre per gallon of SomethingElse (in at the start) to broaden the flavour profile - it doesn't taste of what it is, it just improves the overall taste

Latest posts

Back