Thousands of bikers celebrate life of Dave Myers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They have been planning Dave day for ages and its finally here its going to be huge with bikers travelling from as far away as London there's only one major road through our town so its going to be very busy, i hope they all get here safely that is a lot of bikes to be on our narrow roads.

Thousands of motorcyclists have begun a ride from London to Cumbria, to celebrate the life of Hairy Biker Dave Myers.
The TV chef died in February, at the age of 66, after he was diagnosed with cancer.
Dave Day is a remembrance procession with up to 20,000 expected to join the cavalcade to Myer's coastal home town of Barrow-in-Furness.
As the bikers set off from London, his TV fellow Hairy Biker Si King described it as "amazing" and a "celebration of the best friend that I've lost".
Many of those gathered at the Ace Cafe in north London were wearing Hawaiian shirts, and King added: "Everybody's got that lovely Dave sartorial elegance about them, ie dodgy shirt.
"Some of them have had them specially printed, it's remarkable."

He added: "You never know how these things are going to impact you, you know, it is a celebration of Dave's life.
"That's why we're here, because he was so irritatingly positive all of the time. And we love him and that's why we're here."
Myers' widow, Lili, said: "We have people coming from all over the country. We have people coming from Texas, from Malaysia, from all over Europe.
"Oh, it's endearing. It just helps me go through my process of grief because it just makes me feel that I'm not on my own with all this.
Later on Saturday, celebrations will centre around Barrow Town Hall, external with performances, stalls by local vendors who have worked with the Hairy Bikers on various projects and a service of remembrance.
The event will also raise money for NSPCC Childline and The Institute of Cancer Research, with donations being split evenly between the two charities, organisers said.
In an online video ahead of the event, Si King, said: "Be safe and be courteous to one another and we’ll have a smashing day."
More bikers are set to join the procession as it makes its way north.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c722j5gp65jo

1717845085939.png
1717845073661.png

1717845111405.png

Last edited:
Wow just been out in the car and the whole length of the town main road is lined with hundreds if people who have come out to wave and cheer the bikers on their way to Barrow I have never seen so many people here, thankfully its a nice sunny day here for a change .

Si and Daves wife Liliana lead the procession

1717870975208.png

1717870753355.png

1717871811288.png

1717871424298.png
1717871706875.png

Last edited:
This brought a tear to my eye.

In Barrow's streets, the engines roar,
For Dave, forty five thousand bikers soar.
With laughter, cheers, and revs so loud,
We celebrate him, a mighty crowd.

Faces bright, the town's alive,
Honoring Dave with a joyful drive.
Motorcycles glint in the sun's warm light,
A festival of wheels, a thrilling sight.

From dawn to dusk, the party's on,
Remembering Dave with a spirited song.
Barrow's heart beats with fun and cheer,
For a true Barrovian we hold dear.

So let the wheels spin, the good times roll,
For Dave, whose memory warms the soul.
Barrow's streets are filled with joy and more,
As we celebrate Dave forevermore.

Latest posts

Back