Tiny bubbles on pouring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birchy

Reaction score
Hi guys
Had a Wilko Golden ale in a pressurised barrel. Been pouring and tasting good. Last couple of days I've noticed tiny bubbles clinging to the side of the glass after pouring and settling.
Any ideas?

Cheers

If you use a dishwasher and it doesn't rinse well you get a slightly chalky looking deposit which bubbles will stick to, it's nothing to do with the beer! mine does it, the bottom half of each glass always has it on

If you look at the bottom of many pub beer glasses you will notice they are etched. This is to make bubbles rise. Apparently it makes the drink more pleasing to the eye or something.
Try a brand new glass. Don't wash it with soap, just rinse it with very hot water and allow to dry naturally. Never wipe glasses dry.
I would bet it's invisible (to the naked eye) contamination inside your glass. It won't kill you.

Bubbling always comes from something, usually a foreign body or deformity of some kind, on the glass, dirt, soap, etching, crack etc. A perfectly clean glass will not provide anywhere for the bubbles to cling to and there shouldn't be any.

Back