To Keg or not to Keg, that is the question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just seen this. I'm looking into getting a keg myself to cut down bottling times and space (Too many bottles on cupboards). Just one question. How does kegging get over the sediment issue? I know my bottles have sediment in them when I'm filling. Just curiousacheers.

Just seen this. I'm looking into getting a keg myself to cut down bottling times and space (Too many bottles on cupboards). Just one question. How does kegging get over the sediment issue? I know my bottles have sediment in them when I'm filling. Just curiousacheers.
It's not really an issue with kegging. I probably pay sediment the least attention as I just transfer straight from the valve on my fermenter into the keg without even cold crashing. Adding Kwik-clear finings to the keg drops it bright while it's force-carbonating over a week or two. Yes the first quarter-pint or so will be murky and gets chucked but after that I'm drinking perfectly clear beer that only gets better with each pour.

It's not really an issue with kegging. I probably pay sediment the least attention as I just transfer straight from the valve on my fermenter into the keg without even cold crashing. Adding Kwik-clear finings to the keg drops it bright while it's force-carbonating over a week or two. Yes the first quarter-pint or so will be murky and gets chucked but after that I'm drinking perfectly clear beer that only gets better with each pour.

Well you learn something everyday. Thanks for that athumb..

Back