Tri Clamp - 1.5" Corny Gas In with Pressure Relief Valve

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't need pressure relief valve for that, the lid of the seal won't take more than 2 psi. I'm sure there's a cheaper solution.
Or you can get the Grainfather pressure transfer kit for a bit more, and you'll get a gauage, and a valve to control the pressure, i think that's better value.

The grainfather pressure transfer kit is easily the worst bit of kit I've bought to date, wish I went with the Malt Miller pressure transfer kit to start with.

Well I’ve tried it every which way and the GF conical just can’t take any pressure. So just do gravity transfers with it. Amazing considering the sealed lid and strong clamps. If it wasn’t double skinned I’d install 40 or so more lid clamps. A real shame. Would have been nice if it was capable of pressure transfer even if not pressure fermenting.

We do pressure transfers with the Grainfather Conicals all the time. They leak CO2, so you use more than you would if they were designed to take pressure however, it is a really easy process.

Ah, ok, if you're leaking CO2 but still pushing past that then fair enough. I've attempted it with a triclamp hose adapter connected to a CO2 cyclinder and as soon as any positive pressure goes on the lid leaks so have just abandoned the process as I didn't want to waste the CO2.

No great shakes doing a gravity transfer really, the fermenter is above the height of the keg so just used a purged keg and a line from the GF tap to the keg liquid post and open the PRV and it transfers fine, just very very slow.

We do pressure transfers with the Grainfather Conicals all the time. They leak CO2, so you use more than you would if they were designed to take pressure however, it is a really easy process.
100% would have gone with your pressure transfer kit from the off had I seen it first, now finding myself penny pinching due to buying the official grainfather kit.

Back