Tronozymol

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floodster

Reaction score
I have done some searching around the forum and there does seem to be a lot of discussion around whether or not to use nutrients.
Unfortunately for me it's down to a case of having to try due to stuck fermentations with twin can kits. All grains are fine never had a problem but I am now at the stage where I cannot remember the last time I did a kit where the gravity fell below 1020 before I bottled it. I have tried many things including aerating the wort, giving it a little stir if it sticks but still the same.

So I decided to get some nutrient and went for Tronozymol from my lhbs. Only problem I have now is that obviously nutrients are more wine orientated so I have no idea how much to add to a beer.
I am thinking 1 level tsp for a 23litres batch (not the 1-2 tsp per 4.5 litres as suggested on the packing for wine).

Does anyone have any experience of Tronozymol in beer and if so how much do you use?

I use tronozymol regularly in wines but so far haven't used it in beer, my understanding is that beer is more balanced than wine from that perspective. However, I have seen a fair number of references on here about using nutrient in beer so I would think it would work well. I'd go for 5 tsps in your 23L of beer.

I've used it several times in beer. A few teaspoons or so. You're right, there is no guidance for beer on the packet.

I now use white Labs own nutrient and yes, at least in the white /Zainasheff yeast book, they do suggest nutrient (especially nitrogen? iirc) can be helpful in beer.

Rehydrating dry yeast is probably an even better idea, if you're not already

Back