Trooper Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stew

Reaction score
Was in a pub in Wimbledon on Sunday and had a pint of Trooper, appears to be a new brew from the heavy metal band Iron Maiden! Named after one of their songs apparently about a trooper killed during the Crimean War.
Brewed by Robinsons according to the website, and the very knowledgeable barman :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had it in Edinburgh and it made an appearance at Download Festival and Tramlines. I was dubious at first, expecting it to be a bog standard off the shelf bitter, but was pleasantly suprised. did not expect cascade hops in there. It's a lovely beer IMO. Apparently Bruce Dickinson is quite an ale drinker

I only had the one pint at the weekend, and to be fair it wasn't a bad tipple. The only downside for me was the slightly bitter after taste, although that may just have been me.

Morrisons sell this by the bottle. Being both an Iron Maiden and an ale fan i was very keen to try it. Love it! Nice flavour, not too bland but not too over the top, would make a very enjoyable session drink.

Well it goes down very easily! Although i did do a session on 1698 once, never again lol.

4.7%?? The barman on Sunday said that it was 4.2%. Good job I didn't have too much otherwise I wouldn't have been much use in the quiz... :geek:

Brewed by my local "big" brewery Robinsons in Stockport

Its not a bad pint, but there are far better from local microbreweries

I tried one a short time ago, it was ok didn't think it was anything special though. :nah:

Beer of Planet RockStock :thumb:

A superb weekend for all of us old rockers.
(ps. Toseland, Dead Daisies, Fozzy and the Mother F***in Darkness were superb.....:smile:

I had a bottle about 6 months ago and didn't think it was special, but had another one a few weeks ago and changed my mind...I think its a good brew. My taste buds must be changing with all this HB.

Look out for Trooper 666.... Available soon

you mean this stuff??...thanks for the heads up...should be good.

Trooper-666-630x420.jpg

I was going to do a Red Ale, using that red x malt and call it something like 'Devil's Advocate' and brew it to 6.66% abv, but they've kind of got ahead of me on that idea.... so i'll need to think of something else imaginative.

Been drinking it for a while, get it in sains. Love the band and the song so I had to try it and was pleasantly surprised :)

I`m so glad Bieber doesn't do ale.:mrgreen:

If he did I'm sure Coors would brew it at Burton on Trent....

Went for a brewery tour there a few years ago and my mate was chuffed that his favorite tipple really was brewed in Spain...:)
Then the guide told him to look out the window at the 3 San Miguel tankers being filled...:lol::lol:

Bottles in Spain ....:whistle:

Back