Sunday Morning Music

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I shall give those a good listen too.
Your computer set up sounds great.
I too would consider myself an audiophile. Though not to the extent of some. I am certainly pushing my sound system to its max, on the budget that I have.
I have recently upgraded my speaker cable to AudioQuest Rocket 11 and couldn’t be happier. wow this cable makes such a difference.
As a further recommendation to yourself. I would suggest this album. Elegy of the uprooting. (Image at the bottom) A beautiful collection of work by Eleni Karaindrou, with a great selection of contributing musicians.
View attachment 44078
What I have just been listening to

1616957192853.png

Very lovely

I would counter it with

1616957321823.png

Next I listened to

1616957379691.png

Have you ever tried

1616957644428.png

Fabulous drums

Now

1616957764279.png

Very skillful playing

This man can also play the guitar

1616957816311.png

And these two, well
1616958280930.png

Finally really liked TG

But what about Andre Previn

1616958401411.png

I love it when these music threads come out. It's an opportunity to search further than the same old favourites to hear stuff I've never heard of before. I had no Idea Amy Lee was back in business. Evanescence first album was great, the second not as great and End of September, without Lee was a breath of fresh air. I'm looking forward to giving The Bitter Truth a blast. Thank you @Fireside Ales Homebrewery .
Your welcome.
The Bitter Truth Is definitely worth a listen to. I would also recommend, In This Moment.
7417988B-C243-48D4-B912-14973636981B.png

What I have just been listening to

View attachment 44125

Very lovely

I would counter it with

View attachment 44126

Next I listened to

View attachment 44127

Have you ever tried

View attachment 44128

Fabulous drums

Now

View attachment 44129

Very skillful playing

This man can also play the guitar

View attachment 44130

And these two, well
View attachment 44132

Finally really liked TG

But what about Andre Previn

View attachment 44133
Thanks for some more excellent recommendations.
I very much enjoyed listening to..
19107991-8FBA-419C-8B24-054A5D10F0CC.jpeg

This album was very beautiful.
I would say maybe try
DB140224-7C46-43AB-9000-B44E6B288E4D.png

Sol is quite well known. But I think this particular album of her’s is very beautiful.
Rodrigo Y Gabriela are of course fantastic. I have seen them live in London. They have such a great stage energy as well.
You might know Antonio Forcione? He has been around for a good long while and regularly plays Ronnie Scott’s and other big jazz clubs on the circuit. He is a fantastic guitarist though.
74D13216-1AE1-417D-B562-FEBF077D9854.png

For something a little different I would definitely recommend this trio. Really worth a listen to. They are like the Arabic answer to Rodrigo Y Gabriela
E3CE3080-D581-4579-BBC8-10774E1538B3.png

I shall listen to your other suggestions as the week progresses. Thanks again.

We’re currently going through a phase where my 3 year old wants the album from the ‘Greatest Show’ musical every morning at breakfast. We have to say Spotify rations the amount of times youre allowed to listen to it now.

Nothing like a bit of ‘wooahhhh-ohhhh-oh-oh-oahhhh’ at 7am with your poached eggs...... give it a go OP! 🤣

We’re currently going through a phase where my 3 year old wants the album from the ‘Greatest Show’ musical every morning at breakfast. We have to say Spotify rations the amount of times youre allowed to listen to it now.
Nothing like a bit of ‘wooahhhh-ohhhh-oh-oh-oahhhh’ at 7am with your poached eggs...... give it a go OP! 🤣
🤣No thanks 👍
I’ll give that a hard boiled pass. I hate musicals. I’ll stick to my 7am dose of Coffee and planet rock thanks.

For something totally random I’ve been giving this a go:

http://radio.garden
great thread by the way
I’ll give it a listen. 👍
Glad you like the thread.
Ill try and keep it updated with fresh music suggestions each Sunday. But otherwise, it’s just a nice place to share.
Music and beer go so well together after all. 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: HSD
BBC 6 music is my go to channel. Sunday’s are always a good listen with a real eclectic mix. DJ’s are Ceris Matthews, iggy pop ( he tends to play a lot of jazz and rock and roll) Guy Garvey (anything from folk to brass bands) and Jarvis Cocker.

Same for me. I've discovered some really good new music, thanks in particular, to Guy Garvey.

I love Huey on a Saturday morning as well.

Sunday morning listening is usually done on my own, whilst wife and girl child slob in bed all morning.
I go down to my office and bang on something with a 'theme' and relax.

War of the worlds - Jeff wayne
Sigur ros - various mixes I've made from album and live recodings
Fleetwood mac
Hayley westenrar for some classical / musical numbers
Pink Floyd - usually an early album
Nirvana mtv unplugged
Radio head - kid a or amnesiac

After lunch, normal rock/metal resumes. As we are all metal heads, so alien weaponry or Metallica feature!

Sunday morning listening is usually done on my own, whilst wife and girl child slob in bed all morning.
I go down to my office and bang on something with a 'theme' and relax.

War of the worlds - Jeff wayne
Sigur ros - various mixes I've made from album and live recodings
Fleetwood mac
Hayley westenrar for some classical / musical numbers
Pink Floyd - usually an early album
Nirvana mtv unplugged
Radio head - kid a or amnesiac

After lunch, normal rock/metal resumes. As we are all metal heads, so alien weaponry or Metallica feature!
War of the Worlds.
Epic!

Latest posts

Back