Trying to Source some Ingredients for a Recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Econwatson

Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm going to be brewing a beer made by an Aussie, warra48. It's an AIPA which I have brewed before in Australia, but I'm struggling to find some of the ingredients. I'll point out the one's I've been unable to find.

4 kg TF Halcyon Pale Ale Malt
2 kg JWM Light Munich - Could only find Munich, no sign of light.
0.1 kg TF Crystal
0.1 kg TF Pale Crystal - Found a light Crystal
0.05 kg TF Dark Crystal - No Sign of dark Crystal
0.05 kg Weyermann Chocolate Wheat - Could only find malt, no sign of wheat

30 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 60mins) -
25 g Columbus (Tomahawk) (Pellet, 14.0AA%, 0mins)
24 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 15mins)
20 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 10mins)
20 g Cascade (Pellet, 5.5AA%, 5mins)
20 g Columbus (Tomahawk) (Pellet, 14.0AA%, 0mins)
15 g Columbus (Tomahawk) (Pellet, 14.0AA%, 60mins)

No worries on the hop front.

Doe anybody know of a supplier where I could source these ingredients from one supplier? I'm used to being very spoilt by my LHBS in Australia. They had everything I needed. Was just wondering if anybody knew of a place where to source these?

By the by, I really recommend this recipe. It was the third AG brew I ever made, and it's an absolute cracker!

Have you tried Simply Hops? - see top of the page - they have a very wide selection of hops on offer and they are one of the forum sponsors. Otherwise try the Malt Miller again see top of page Rob will help you

+1 for TheMaltMiller. I think the only ingredient Rob might not have is the Chocolate Wheat but for the sake of only 50g I think you could easily sub it for another roasted malt. I would go for one of the Carafa Special dehusked malts.

He has a light munich by Weyermann

Thanks guys,

Would it be worth giving them a call? Would they combine the grain together for me so I don't have to faff around with 5 different bags?

Many thanks!

Absolutely, they would be pleased to speak with you and it gives you a chance to introduce yourself.
Yes,
The MM will do that for you, not sure about Simply Hops as thats what he specializes in.

Back