Turbo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

didgeman

Reaction score
Hi all,

my turbo has been brewing for 9 days. Took it to colder regions yesterday as it seemed fermentation had finished. Has a reading of 1004 at the moment. Initial was 1048. Had a taste and was a bit disappointing as it is very very thin tasting. Is this normal, does it change when bottled or do I need to take action?

didgeman said:
Hi all,

my turbo has been brewing for 9 days. Took it to colder regions yesterday as it seemed fermentation had finished. Has a reading of 1004 at the moment. Initial was 1048. Had a taste and was a bit disappointing as it is very very thin tasting. Is this normal, does it change when bottled or do I need to take action?

It will taste thin due to the low gravity of 1004, if you want more mouthfeel you could backsweeten a bit with splenda, (dont use sugar it will start to ferment again) and add some glycerine.

UP

when you say use splenda do you just add it in granular form or would you make a syrup from it

Not sure if I quite understand this tea bag thing. Do I just hang the tea bags in the Turbo. Sorry if this sounds a bit like I have bubbles in my brain but is it possible you can explain a little bit more Unclepumble, thanks

Back