Twitter.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Will this be the death of twitter, the blue tick was the only guarantee you had an account was not fake if anyone can now have one its going to get messy.

Twitter's blue tick will cost $8 a month, says Elon Musk, giving 'power to the people'​

The charge will allow users to get priority replies, mentions and searches and allow them to post longer videos and audio clips, it has been announced.

Twitter's new owner Elon Musk has announced the platform's coveted 'blue tick' will now cost users $8 (£7) a month, and criticised the current system as "bulls***".

In a tweet himself, Musk said: "Twitter's current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn't have a blue checkmark is bulls***.

"Power to the people! Blue for $8/month."

Musk said the cost would be "adjusted by country, proportionate to purchasing power parity".

For the new monthly fee, Musk also said, users will get "priority in replies, mentions and searches" as well as the ability to post long videos and audio clips.

And he offered subscribers a paywall bypass from "publishers willing to work with us".

https://news.sky.com/story/twitters...elon-musk-giving-power-to-the-people-12735836

Will this be the death of twitter, the blue tick was the only guarantee you had an account was not fake if anyone can now have one its going to get messy.

Twitter's blue tick will cost $8 a month, says Elon Musk, giving 'power to the people'​

The charge will allow users to get priority replies, mentions and searches and allow them to post longer videos and audio clips, it has been announced.

Twitter's new owner Elon Musk has announced the platform's coveted 'blue tick' will now cost users $8 (£7) a month, and criticised the current system as "bulls***".

In a tweet himself, Musk said: "Twitter's current lords & peasants system for who has or doesn't have a blue checkmark is bulls***.

"Power to the people! Blue for $8/month."

Musk said the cost would be "adjusted by country, proportionate to purchasing power parity".

For the new monthly fee, Musk also said, users will get "priority in replies, mentions and searches" as well as the ability to post long videos and audio clips.

And he offered subscribers a paywall bypass from "publishers willing to work with us".

https://news.sky.com/story/twitters...elon-musk-giving-power-to-the-people-12735836
No just the beginning. Most likely the death of Facebook. I only use twitter for some crypto content.

One thing I learnt is the blue tick doesn't guarantee anything. Loads of bots and fake accounts managed to get them. The previous team just didn't know how to run a company.

I prefer Twitter to Facebook but don't really use either regularly I use Facebook mainly for local groups selling second hand stuff, I wasn't aware the blue tick could be abused maybe the new system won't be a backward step after all, I won't be paying £7 for a tick.

I prefer Twitter to Facebook but don't really use either regularly I use Facebook mainly for local groups selling second hand stuff, I wasn't aware the blue tick could be abused maybe the new system won't be a backward step after all, I won't be paying £7 for a tick.
Nor me. Sounds like it gives people more than a blue tick. The amount of money people make via twitter then £7 is nothing. If every user paid it then its an extra $1.7 billion a MONTH for twitter

1667406300112.png

According to some guy on 5 live Musk paid $54 a share and they are only worth $14 ashock1

Chief Twit Elon Musk has described trying to get out of his $44billion Twitter deal as like a 'scene from the Godfather' in a speech in front of New York's wealthiest investors before he fired 3,700 staff by email.

Almost half of the workforce of the social media giant received the blunt email telling them they are fired (bottom of post) will remain on the payroll until at least January as he skirts California's tough workers laws.

The world's richest man rocked up at the Baron Investment Conference at the Metropolitan Opera House in Manhattan after posting a furious message to woke users who caused a 'massive drop in revenue' before the purge in staff hit their inboxes.

He said it was 'extremely messed up' and accused them of 'trying to destroy free speech in America' despite what he said were his best efforts to 'appease' the campaigners.

Twitter employees have started to receive the email (bottom of post) to let them know whether they are among half the workforce set to be culled on Friday - at 4pm GMT, 12pm EST and 9am PST.

Those who were selected to stay have been informed that the office will remain closed until November 7th, and have been urged to 'refrain from discussing confidential company information

Additionally they will be told of Musk's 'vision for the company' in the coming days, with 'more information' to be shared next week.

Anyone who has found themselves out of a job has been told that they will continue to be employed by Twitter until either January or February 2 next year, depending on their role, though November 4 will be their last working day at the company.

They are not expected to work, and will have their access to Twitter systems deactivated - though some employees reported being kicked out of their accounts almost 12 hours before.

Musk joked about overpaying for Twitter during a surprise appearance at a conference as emails started rolling out to inform staff of mass layoffs.

Speaking at the Baron Investment Conference, the billionaire said that him trying to get out of the deal was like a ‘scene from the Godfather’.

He said: ‘I mean I think most people would say, given how market has evolved this year, the price is on the high side.’

Full article -
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...advertisers-massive-drop-revenue-Twitter.html

'YOU'RE FIRED'

Hello,
As shared earlier today, Twitter is conducting a workforce reduction to help improve the health of the company.
These decisions are never easy and it is with regret that we write to inform you that your role at Twitter has been impacted.
Today is your last working day at the company, however, you will remain employed by Twitter and will receive compensation and benefits through your separation date of February 2, 2023.
During this time, you will be on a Non-Working Notice period and your access to Twitter systems will be deactivated.
While you are not expected to work during the None-Working Notice period, you are still required to comply with all company policies, including the Employee Playbook and Code of Conduct.
Within a week, you will receive details of your severance offer, financial resources extending beyond your Non-Working Notice period.
At that time you will also receive a Separation Agreement and Release of Claims and other offboarding...

That's 22%, a pretty large chunk and there's no telling how much he'll spend trying to keep it afloat.

I agree but its highly unlikely he will ever be seen at the local food bank even if it does go **** up.

There will always be someone who will pay for something as big as Twitter he may never make money but he won't lose it all.

The rise, and apparent popularity of "Elon Musk" is proof that humanity has lost the battle with itself.

How much is his public humiliation worth when he completely cocks up Twitter?
TBH it was well and truly ****** up long before he bought it i am surprised he wasn't advised not to touch it with a very very long bargepole.

Back