UK weather: Met Office issues yellow heat-health warning

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ice cold food and drinks and air con helps though I only have air con in the car. Been having cold showers but that only cools for about half an hour. A ceiling fan in the bedroom is useful too and not as noisy as desk fans can be. I'm a big believer in drawing the curtains during the day to keep the sun out but that's not popular in the household. Opening windows more than a crack just lets too many flies in during the day and moths at night in my view. Not fun finding moth larvae crawling around in the spring

I agree with all that. Shutting curtains also keeps nosey bast@rds out 🤣

In all seriousness, I've found that an excellent way to keep cool in super hot weather is to keep your feet wet, especially the bottom. Works a treat, but don't give yourself athlete's foot 😁

Spray bottle ahoy!

I agree with all that. Shutting curtains also keeps nosey bast@rds out 🤣

In all seriousness, I've found that an excellent way to keep cool in super hot weather is to keep your feet wet, especially the bottom. Works a treat, but don't give yourself athlete's foot 😁

Spray bottle ahoy!
Damp flannel draped over the back of the neck

Same here, i have lost count of the times i have asked SWMBO to close the curtains as the sun moves to the back of the house the kitchen is like an oven when i get home from work as she doesn't like the curtains closed during the day aheadbutt

OMG i am going to show SWMBO this post, i have been telling her for years if you open the window in the day all you are doing is letting flies in and as its 26C outside the house is not going to cool down.

Or get a sundew or two, used to have problem with fruit flies. No longer.

https://www.littleshopofhorrors.co.uk/product-category/carnivorous-plants/sundews/

We have been out in the car and its coming down like stair rods here the roads are flooding but the big plus is its much cooler at 16C.

wwwwre.JPG

Latest posts

Back