UKIP has a new leader

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised the mods haven't taken this down. I come here to have a nice mature discussion over IBUs and the best way to sparge not to go UKIP-baiting.

What I will say though is I found it funny to see Labour being accused as being unelectable despite having a fully costed manifesto by someone supporting a party that don't even have a manifesto at all.

Relax. Nobody is being uncivil and for the most part it's just a bit of light sparring for points with no blood drawn.
A mate who is a momentum member showed be the "fully costed" Labour manifesto and it was hilarious.
I've already posted the videos of maths genius Dianne Abbott on LBC and comrade Corbyn desperately backpedalling on his tuition fees promise - he may not have actually said that he would erase student debt but he certainly made no moves to correct newspapers that reported that he had.

Ken L - I apologised for that. I usually come on here during the day for some respite from heavy work stuff, I've never been in the snug as I usually hang out in the recipes and general brewing forums but for some reason this discussion popped up yesterday in my alerts thing. I'll bear it in mind in future.

To answer your points though I find it disappointing that people still mention one car crash interview from Dianne Abbott when the Tories make similar mistakes daily and they get brushed under the carpet. It' pretty lazy really.

There is no point discussing UKIP because I don't think they even have any figures. And sadly despite their claims to the contrary they will never shake their image of being anti immigration, islamophobic etc due to the periodic scandals that emerge. Hopefully the general British public find this unelectable.

I'm afraid the UK media is becoming a bit of a joke with their constant Corbyn/Labour bashing. It is clear that too many owners and editors of these institutions have vested private interests in there not being a Labour govt. I am writing from the train at the moment so have no links to hand but am happy to provide links later.

I'd also say it's laughable to accuse Corbyn of not correcting mistakes when we have the PM repeating the absurd and truly offensive anti-semite slurs. That is truly abhorrent I am afraid.

Disclaimer - I say all this as a Brit who is strongly pro immigration and integration having taking advantage of EU freedom of movement myself to move to Prague. In beer terms alone it was a great decision.

Ken L - I apologised for that. I usually come on here during the day for some respite from heavy work stuff, I've never been in the snug as I usually hang out in the recipes and general brewing forums but for some reason this discussion popped up yesterday in my alerts thing. I'll bear it in mind in future.

To answer your points though I find it disappointing that people still mention one car crash interview from Dianne Abbott when the Tories make similar mistakes daily and they get brushed under the carpet. It' pretty lazy really.

There is no point discussing UKIP because I don't think they even have any figures. And sadly despite their claims to the contrary they will never shake their image of being anti immigration, islamophobic etc due to the periodic scandals that emerge. Hopefully the general British public find this unelectable.

I'm afraid the UK media is becoming a bit of a joke with their constant Corbyn/Labour bashing. It is clear that too many owners and editors of these institutions have vested private interests in there not being a Labour govt. I am writing from the train at the moment so have no links to hand but am happy to provide links later.

I'd also say it's laughable to accuse Corbyn of not correcting mistakes when we have the PM repeating the absurd and truly offensive anti-semite slurs. That is truly abhorrent I am afraid.

Disclaimer - I say all this as a Brit who is strongly pro immigration and integration having taking advantage of EU freedom of movement myself to move to Prague. In beer terms alone it was a great decision.

Dianne Abbott had 3 or 4 car crash interviews before the last election, that's why they pulled her away from the public eye with a sick note about a week before the election.
Corbyn's problem is not so much the media, more a case of him not having an original thought or ability to re-think of anything for the past 50 years, regardless to what his ideologies have created here in the 70's and elsewhere in the world.
Add to that he has always sided with anybody who is against Britain be it Argentina, Hamas or the IRA, even now he instinctively backs Russia before the present government or security services.

He biggest supporters and friends are made up of a motley bunch of anti semite, Marxist nutters, if anybody dares question him they descend on that person like a flock of demented ***** hawks.

Saying that, considering the attention span and lack of depth of the average millennial, he could well be voted PM at the next election, on financially unachievable promises, herd mentality and creative memes.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm a fan of Corbyn and Corbyn's Labour... but Diane Abbott is a bit of an embarrassment.

That said, alsch890 has a point. She got slated for getting police numbers wrong once. Didn't May do the same thing just last week?

All politicians have bad days (some are just incompetent) and almost all of them lie. It kinda goes with the territory.
Its the job of those that don't agree with their views to point out their fumbles and ridicule then - and neither side has a monopoly.

Personally, I'm not in favour of open ended migration because it's bad for the natives: driving down wages, pushing up housing costs, putting pressure on public services, increasing criminality and undermining the national economy through welfare leeching.
Controlled migration is the opposite and benefits everybody with he exception of cash strapped third world countries who are constantly having their doctors, nurses and engineers poached.

I can't agree with you about the media I'm afraid. the BBC may once have been even handed but now pushes a very leftist agenda and he print media are worse, with the Guardian, the Independent and the Trinity Mirror group (Which now includes the Express) all being very left of centre and the Daily Mail being frankly a joke.

There are currently two obvious power vacuums in British politics, both "populist", with one being the centre left position vacated as Corbyn took the Labour Party to the left of Michael Foot and the other on the nationalist right but without the corporate ties of the Tories.
My suspicion is that UKIP will morph to fill that void.

Interesting times....

How do you find living in one of the Visegrád Group countries who do control migration - much to the chagrin of the EU?

Last edited:
I can't agree with you about the media I'm afraid. the BBC may once have been even handed but now pushes a very leftist agenda

Every right winger claims the BBC is biased and leftist, and every left winger claims the opposite. This alone leads me to suspect they do a reasonably good job of staying neutral.

Every right winger claims the BBC is biased and leftist, and every left winger claims the opposite. This alone leads me to suspect they do a reasonably good job of staying neutral.
But even Andrew Marr, who says he was a "raving leftie" who handed out copies of Mao's Little Red Book and acquired the nickname Red Andy in university said that, "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias".[

Why is it's policy for Brexit the way it is then?
Because in addition to bringing back control of the legislative process from the fundamentally undemocratic EU, it gives Britain the ability to control movement and thus manage immigration.
We are seeing the some of these effects already due to economic forces (as opposed to immigration control) as people migrate back to the EU and Poland in particular, the NHS is recruiting and training more Brits, NHS wages are going up (the same is now happening in other sectors) and it's getting easier to find school places.

Sorry: looks like I misread your reply.
The policy for Brexit is a mess a the moment because we have a weak PM who doesn't want to leave and a lot of people in both chambers with vested interests who don't want to derail their gravy trains.

Last edited:
But even Andrew Marr, who says he was a "raving leftie" who handed out copies of Mao's Little Red Book and acquired the nickname Red Andy in university said that, "The BBC is not impartial or neutral. It's a publicly funded, urban organisation with an abnormally large number of young people, ethnic minorities and gay people. It has a liberal bias not so much a party-political bias. It is better expressed as a cultural liberal bias".[

I would agree with @Thumper that people do say the BBC favours the opposite end of the spectrum to them. The demographic make up of a news publisher doesn't usually affect the journalistic direction. I used o work with a woman who was an editor for the Telegraph. She was a liberal, probably voted Lib Dems or Green etc., I asked whether it was difficult working with a lot of right wing tories, she said most people there were like me - liberal, left wing, wouldn't vote Tory.

If that is true the demographic of the Telegraph's staff doesn't matter as they are being paid to write with a certain spin on the articles. A bit like: you might be vegetarian but work in a supermarket which sells meat.

How on earth can they be impartial when they receive funding from the EU. They also advertise jobs that whites cant apply for.

Because in addition to bringing back control of the legislative process from the fundamentally undemocratic EU, it gives Britain the ability to control movement and thus manage immigration.
We are seeing the some of these effects already due to economic forces (as opposed to immigration control) as people migrate back to the EU and Poland in particular, the NHS is recruiting and training more Brits, NHS wages are going up (the same is now happening in other sectors) and it's getting easier to find school places.

Sorry: looks like I misread your reply.
The policy for Brexit is a mess a the moment because we have a weak PM who doesn't want to leave and a lot of people in both chambers with vested interests who don't want to derail their gravy trains.

I meant BBC reporting policy on Brexit which is heavily slanted in it's approach. Easily evidenced too.

I meant BBC reporting policy on Brexit which is heavily slanted in it's approach. Easily evidenced too.

Hey ho. Got the wrong end of the stick twice - I'm probably a bit hard of thinking at the moment because my Meniere's is playing up.

I don't see the bias directly because I don't have a TV but from what I understand, some independent academic studies show a slight pro-Brexit bias at the BBC.

Another analysis by the Institute for Economic Affairs and a report by the thinktank Civitas revealed that between 2005 and 2015 only 132 of the 4,275 guests asked to speak on the Today programme about the EU supported Leaving.

Latest posts

Back