Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently things aren’t going all Putin’s way. It makes me wonder whether he’ll go full Stalin and start rounding on his senior army officers and advisers.

Agree to a point with Johnny's. The world changes but men still have mad desires. Napoleon and Hitler wanted ultimate power and now it seems Putin wants the same.
However the world changes as time passes and these dreams (or nightmares) become harder to achieve.
It doesn't seem to stop these tyrants trying it seems no matter what the cost
But I think that increases with time, perhaps to a point that their goal is impossible to achieve without self destruction.
Putin may win this war through brut force. But that world he hopes for after the event will not transpire, he will only make the world, and especially his world and that of all Russians, a very much worse place to live in.

Apparently things aren’t going all Putin’s way. It makes me wonder whether he’ll go full Stalin and start rounding on his senior army officers and advisers.

He already has, they said he publically shot one of his top army guys down in flames the other day, he wants to call all the shots I don't think this will end well for him.

He already has, they said he publically shot one of his top army guys down in flames the other day, he wants to call all the shots I don't think this will end well for him.
Hopefully. But who will replace him? There are plenty more out of the same box.

Hopefully. But who will replace him?

I am hoping the next one is not a clone of Putin.

Freedom square was hit by a missile earlier today there are no military targets there, 10 dead so far.

Russia warns it will hit targets in Kyiv
The Russian defence ministry has issued a warning to Kyiv residents that it is preparing to hit targets in the Ukrainian capital.
In a statement issued on Tuesday afternoon, Russian officials said their forces are preparing to launch "high-precision strikes" against "technological centres of the Ukrainian Security Service and the 72nd main PsyOps centre in Kyiv".
"We urge Ukrainian citizens who are being used by nationalists to carry out provocations against Russia, as well as Kyiv residents residing near relay stations to leave their home," the statement added.
Officials claimed the strikes are being carried out to "prevent information attacks against Russia".
BBC News

Summary
  1. President Zelensky of Ukraine receives a standing ovation in the European Parliament, telling them by video link: "Nobody will break us"
  2. He urges MPs to let Ukraine into the European Union and to prove that they stand with his country
  3. Freedom Square in central Kharkiv, Ukraine's second city, has been hit by a strike, causing a huge explosion
  4. At least 10 civilians were killed, authorities say
  5. UK PM Boris Johnson accuses Russia of "barbaric and indiscriminate" attacks
  6. Meanwhile, a huge convoy of Russian armoured vehicles is advancing on Ukraine's capital Kyiv
  7. And Russia warns of attacks on Kyiv technology centres, urging nearby residents to leave

1646240227362.png

There's a good documentary film on Netflix called " Winter on Fire". It's about the 2014 struggle by Ukrainian citizens to overthrow the then Pro Russian President.Its a hard watch at times due to the treatment of the people by the brutal regime but gives a good insight to how they value the need to be free from Russian influence.Brave people.Putin is evil.

Georgia to apply to join EU immediately - ruling party
Georgia - a former Soviet state on the eastern shore of the Black Sea - will "immediately" apply for EU membership, its ruling party Georgian Dream says.
It comes a day after the European Parliament backed Ukraine's bid to apply for EU membership.
Georgian Dream's Chairman Irakli Kobakhidze told reporters he was calling on the EU "to review our application in an urgent manner and to make the decision to grant Georgia the status of an EU membership candidate".
Georgia has seen big demonstrations against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Russia has controlled two Georgian regions - South Ossetia and Abkhazia - since 2008, when Russian forces ousted Georgian troops from them.
It followed a Georgian attempt to recapture South Ossetia, which had fought a separatist war against Georgia in the 1990s.
Read more about Georgia.

were all missing the point here , putin doesnt want ukrain to join nato , its that simple , lets put it another way , what if mexico joined the eastern bloc ie: became friends with russia , the americans would go crazy , (remember cuba ? , this by no way excuses what the ruskys have done , but thats what his aim is , what we can do without escalating things is anyones guess

were all missing the point here , putin doesnt want ukrain to join nato , its that simple , lets put it another way , what if mexico joined the eastern bloc ie: became friends with russia , the americans would go crazy , (remember cuba ? , this by no way excuses what the ruskys have done , but thats what his aim is , what we can do without escalating things is anyones guess
You have a real point.
In fairness though, this is a war of imperialism, Putin is trying to re-create the Russian Empire.
Living in a country that was part of an empire, I totally sympathise with Ukraine.

Latest posts

Back