Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it would be asking for trouble, but at the end of the day, this can’t go on. He is effectively levelling, in an attempt to ethnically cleanse, a whole country.

It’s just a matter of time before his embarrassment at loosing will overwhelm him anyway. Then all bets off off.

He must think that the few million Ukrainians living in Russia don’t mind, don’t care or actually support him.
I doubt the majority of Russians support Putin. A good example of why democracy works.

Interesting probably Isn’t the best word, just not looking to be too confrontational, which appears to be easy to do.
I don’t have a solution, but I just wonder how long other countries can continue to watch the destruction of a nation.

I think the delivery of these new air defence systems is an attempt to stop the destruction. They reckon these Iris anti missile weapons are incredible but I suppose they've not been used before.

I think he does think exactly that. He lives in a distorted reality because he's an authoritarian dictator that has been fed an ever compounding stream of untruth because nobody wants to tell him what he doesn't want to hear.

Reality catches up with everyone eventually though, and I feel that's a matter of months away for Putin.

The Ukrainian forces seem to be equipped for winter. I don't think that the Russian forces are, and there's a good chance of massive collapses/surrenders over the winter.
The winter will be a terrible time for the Russian conscripts. At present they are being told to bring warm clothing and equipment with them when they are called up

Most professional soldiers will have their own kit in a ‘proper’ army anyway, because the G10 issue is not up to much.

These blokes have sod all.

The winter will be a terrible time for the Russian conscripts. At present they are being told to bring warm clothing and equipment with them when they are called up

Most professional soldiers will have their own kit in a ‘proper’ army anyway, because the G10 issue is not up to much.

These blokes have sod all.

Yep, Russians are in blind belief that they are WInter warriors and history will serve them well.. But its so corrupt, 1.5 million winter uniforms missing Russia reported this! 1.5 million missing... or maybe they never existed!.

Sad to see but the number of KIA is starting to soar again for Russia and its a lot of new mobilised untrained men sent to their deaths..

All Russia seem to have at the minute is indiscriminate killings with missile attacks which they cannot keep up for ever and the air defences coming will certainly dampen that.

Other than nukes or chemicals what else can Russia do now? just throw people into a grinder.. its horrible.. HOPefuly deteroriating conditions will force large surrenders and collapses bringing it to a head, but maybe I am just wishful thinking

Listened to this yesterday while bottling a Steam Beer.

Highlights the parallels with the Russian conduct of the war during WW1 with the current conflict with the current conflict.

Draft riots, poorly equiped troops, out of touch autocrat and men turning up to conscription booths drunk.

It's all gonna turn around now, the guys who did military service 10years ago have gotten a whole day of training before being sent out to plug the holes...
2 more weeks...
Seriously though, looking at translated Telegram posts of Russians complaining about the lack of training, equipment, provisions and proper command, they blame everyone and everything on mid level except the head honchos, it is just mind boogling how entrenched the slave-slave master dynamic of Soviet Union and Tsarist Russia is in the Russian psyche.
The populace always obey and never question, outside of the few who do and get ostrasiced or killed, and the ones in power act with utter contempt and disregard of the lives of their minions.
Studying Russian society is like traveling 500 years back in time, it is fascinating how a country and population can be so socially backwards...

Feel for a lot of the Russian soldiers. Doing a job they don't want to do in a place they don't want to be and without the equipment or resources normally required. Facing an oncoming winter against a force that continually kicks their proverbial butt. No wonder they try to escape conscription. Their boss is crazy a box of frogs with a trail of followers too scared (or just as mad) to see or tell the truth. I'm happy to support Ukraine, hats off they are fighting for their homes and lives and I directly ours too it seems.

Seems Russias tactic now is to use iranian sucide drones to just attack civilians in Kiyv.

At this point I just wonder, is this all they can do?

People talk about escalation, but what exactly can Russia do? They just saber rattle nukes and then get annoyed that the French were suggesting they'd use them as "nonsense"

HOpefully Ukraine can keep them held off at Bakhamut, the only place where Russia (Wagner) are actually making a fist of things on the front lines.

Meanwhile Ukraine were shaping this past week after the advancments. Trying to now soften Russian defences in Kherson with HIMARS. I wonder whether they want one more push before the harsher winter comes in?

just to edit that - Apprently there is another media blackout silence on Kherson from Ukraine

Last edited:
A well placed act of nuclear terrorism in western Ukraine secures the south western approach to Moscow and the land corridor to the Crimea in the east. If they can do it at Khmelnitsky for instance and make it look like an accident especially if they time it so the prevailing wind take the fallout of over Europe....

It could probably be done with a dirty bomb rather than a conventional nuclear weapon...

Seems Russias tactic now is to use iranian sucide drones to just attack civilians in Kiyv.

At this point I just wonder, is this all they can do?

People talk about escalation, but what exactly can Russia do? They just saber rattle nukes and then get annoyed that the French were suggesting they'd use them as "nonsense"

HOpefully Ukraine can keep them held off at Bakhamut, the only place where Russia (Wagner) are actually making a fist of things on the front lines.

Meanwhile Ukraine were shaping this past week after the advancments. Trying to now soften Russian defences in Kherson with HIMARS. I wonder whether they want one more push before the harsher winter comes in?

just to edit that - Apprently there is another media blackout silence on Kherson from Ukraine

I think this is a way of them tying up Ukrainian defence resources in a hope of slowing the Ukrainian advances, although part of me also wonders if Russia thinks it's targeting strategic assets, but actually they have no idea where those are.

Ukraine will find a countermeasure to these drones at some point, although by the sounds of these things, a bunch of people with shotguns loaded with buckshot might do the job.

I think this is a way of them tying up Ukrainian defence resources in a hope of slowing the Ukrainian advances, although part of me also wonders if Russia thinks it's targeting strategic assets, but actually they have no idea where those are.

Ukraine will find a countermeasure to these drones at some point, although by the sounds of these things, a bunch of people with shotguns loaded with buckshot might do the job.

It is at the moment straight up Terrorism :-(

Looks like Russia have started to abandon Kherson crossing the rvier (in stolen vechicles and whatever else they can nick).

Meanwhile on Russian state TV

"we feel sorry for everyone we love everyone" excet we are going to destroy your infastructure so you freeze to death.

Looks like Russia have started to abandon Kherson crossing the rvier (in stolen vechicles and whatever else they can nick).

Meanwhile on Russian state TV

"we feel sorry for everyone we love everyone" excet we are going to destroy your infastructure so you freeze to death.

The new General Sergei 'Armageddon' Sorovkin in charge of the Ukraine war for Russia has said "Kyiv may use banned weapons, we can't afford to expose the population to that...hard decisions must be made..."

Additionally the Russian appointed head of Kherson region Vladimir Saldo has said "There is an immediate danger of flooding...due to the planned destruction of the Kakhovka dam and the release of water from a cascade of power plants further up the Dnipro."

Previous experience shows that whenever Russia warns that Ukraine is going to do something nasty it means that Russia is already planning to do that.

So my expectation here is that they're going to evacuate Kherson to the best of their ability to keep the moral high ground in Russia, as they'll then declare anyone left there as nazi terrorists, which will justify them turning the city to dust and then blowing the dam up to protect the strategic land corridor into Crimea.

Russian jet 'released missile' near RAF aircraft during patrol over Black Sea​

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace describes the incident as a "potentially dangerous engagement" - with the Russians blaming it on a "technical malfunction".

A missile was released from a Russian aircraft near an unarmed RAF plane on a routine patrol over the Black Sea, the defence secretary has revealed.

In a statement updating MPs on the war in Ukraine, Ben Wallace said the incident happened on 29 September and that Russia has acknowledged it took place in international airspace.

The RAF RC-135 aircraft was on routine patrol over the Black Sea when it was "shadowed" by two Russian armed SU-27 fighter jets.

Ukraine news latest: Putin 'likely considering withdrawal' from parts of south

Mr Wallace said that while it is not unusual for aircraft to be shadowed in this way, "during that interaction however, it transpired that one of the SU-27 aircraft released a missile in the vicinity of the RAF Rivet Joint beyond visual range".

He described the incident as a "potentially dangerous engagement" but said it was not deemed a "deliberate escalation".

However, he said it did show the Russian military are "not beyond" deciding "the rules don't apply to them".

"While this was obviously the release of a weapon, we have seen very, very close flying next to US, UK NATO assets over the last few years," Mr Wallace said.

"In one event I was aware of, a Russian fighter went within 15ft of a NATO aircraft. You know that is reckless, unnecessary and puts at risk many people's lives."

The Commons heard Russia blamed the Black Sea incident on a "technical malfunction" of the SU-27 jet.

The British defence secretary said: "Our analysis would concur it was a malfunction."

"The total time of the interaction between the Russian aircraft and the Rivet Joint was approximately 90 minutes," he said. "The patrol completed and the aircraft returned to base."

https://news.sky.com/story/russian-...ircraft-during-patrol-over-black-sea-12725414

I’ll this talk from the Russians regarding Ukraine setting off a dirty bomb is worrying.

They are just soooooo predictable!

We may jest but that is a serious consideration and not one any of us relish. Let alone those fighting for their livelihood, country and families. Europe, NATO, UN need to step up.

I think it’s a real possibility.
Putin knows he has little hope of winning this conflict, and even if he did get the upper hand, he will need to maintain it somehow. Not easy, or cheap.

The language around ‘wiping Ukraine from the face of the earth’ is loud and clear now. I suggest it is even the aim at this point.

Easiest and cheapest way is to make it uninhabitable. A few ‘accident’s’ dotted around would pretty much achieve this.

The amount or ordinance he is throwing indiscriminately on a daily basis, may well achieve this ‘accident’ anyway.

Ukraine survived ww2...
Not to be cynical but compared to the previous conflicts in the European near-past, this is a rather limited conflict/war and the amount of ordnance used during the whole duration of it is probably barely what was fired in a month on the Eastern Front alone during ww2.

Back