Ukraine: Russia has launched 'full-scale invasion'

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a drink or3 today, i won't comment much other than to say, i am sure we in the west could do some covert ops in Russia, the SAS and Navy Seals and others could take out some Russian power stations, pumping stations and other stuff, and blame it on Russian dissidents who appose Puketin
If you were to risk sending in NATO black ops you'd want to be pulling off a spectacular with plausible deniability. That'd take a very long time to plan (assuming no current plans exist as a contingency).

I love the fact Russia has denied this was their doing, it makes fantastic strategic sense for them to blow this dam and flood the entire area around the dnipro river all along its narrowest points.
Tanks and armour dont work very well when trying to cross 30 miles of swamp.... however I do think the Russians have been true to form and ballsed it up by completely blowing the dam. My personal opinion is I think they meant to do a partial breach to make a lot of the surrounding areas of the river impassable, prevent the use of bridging equipment and normal amphibious crossing techniques - but as usual screwed it up and they have totally destroyed it.

Another benefit is the mass evacuation of civilians and food, supplies. This will take a lot of trucks, fuel and other supplies that the Ukranian armoured brigades will depend on to stay resupplied. An army marches on its stomach, or in more modern parlance - marches on its fuel and ammo supplies! If that infrastructure is being used to evacuate 100,000 civilians, thats an enormous blow to the military.

As for Russia say they are just as badly affected - well i doubt they will be crying themselves to sleep over the fate of the "nazi ukranians" in occupied territories that they probably wont evacuate. And a defending army needs much less mobile infrastructure to stay resupplied as well.

Russians have previous form here, in 1941 they blew up the dam flooding the Dnipro river to halt the Nazi advance, killing thousands of civilians and their own retreating troops in the process

@igorsushko
Russia: The entire banking system is at a standstill nationwide because the ISP used for banking communication with the Russian Central Bank is down.
Infotel, the ISP, is suspected to have been hacked by a pro-Ukraine group.
Sberbank's online services also down.

1686316176555.png

Interesting developments in Russia, Wagner troops fired on by Russian troops, Wagner shooting down a helicopter. Security in Russian cities including Moscow beefed up and Wagner troops spotted in Rostov with tanks outside municipal buildings.

Hopefully whatever is happening Ukraine can take advantage, reports are that they are attacking around Bakhmut.

I was listening to the radio a few minutes ago and it was reported that due to the Wagner troops moving towards Moscow several oligarchs have left Russia and that Putin has gone into hiding i dont know if it is true but it would seem the betrayal has done serious damage to Putin.

Summary

1. The chief of the Wagner mercenary group has said on his Telegram channel that he has agreed to "stop" the movement of his troops who are advancing on the Russian capital
  2. The agreement came after Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko held talks with Wagner head Yevgeny Prigozhin, according to Russian TV channel Rossiya 24
  3. The news outlet also reported that the conversation had been agreed with Russian President Vladimir Putin
  4. It all began when Prigozhin called for a rebellion against the Russian army. He denied attempting a coup
  5. As Wagner troops headed toward Moscow after crossing the border from Ukraine, the group said it had taken the Russian city of Rostov-on-Don and seized military facilities in Voronezh
  6. Meanwhile in Moscow, the mayor of the capital city told residents to avoid travelling and all mass outdoor events were cancelled until 1 July. Security was also tightened
  7. Putin decried Prigozhin's call for a rebellion as a "betrayal" and "treason" in a TV speech, promising to punish rebels

Wagner inching towards Russian capital

Throughout the day, Wagner troops appear to have been moving north towards Moscow.
Earlier this afternoon, the governor of the region of Lipetsk, south of Moscow, confirmed that Wagner was crossing the region, with video showing a convoy heading north.
And Russian authorities appear to be seriously concerned that Wagner troops will make it to Moscow - soon.
A short while ago, a video posted on Telegram and verified by the BBC showed lorries blocking a bridge 97km (60 miles) from the outskirts of Moscow. A screenshot of the video is below.
The mayor of Moscow has also announced the start of a "counter-terrorist operation regime".

What was in the agreement and how was Belarus involved?​

Abdujalil Abdurasulov

Reporting from Kyiv, Ukraine

Belarus strongman Aleksander Lukashenko has conducted talks with Evgeniy Prigozhin.
As a result of the negotiations that lasted for the whole day, Prigozhin has agreed to de-escalate.
Lukashenko’s press service reports the negotiations took place with Vladimir Putin’s agreement.
“Prigozhin has agreed to stop the march towards Moscow and take further steps to de-escalate the situation,” the statement says.
As part of the agreement, Wagner fighters get security guarantees.
What else was offered to Prigozhin and mercenaries is not clear.
Russia has been using the territory of Belarus to launch attacks on Ukraine since the beginning of the invasion, effectively erasing Belarus’ sovereignty.
And any signs showing that Putin’s grip on power is weaking threatens the regime in Minsk that is heavily dependent on Moscow.
Earlier today, Svitlana Tikhanovskaya, the opposition leader who challenged Lukashenko in 2020 presidential elections, said the Wagner’s rebellion “is the best chance to kick the Russian military out from [Belarus]”.
“If we miss this chance,” she said in her video appeal, “Russia will do to us exactly what they did to Ukraine.”

Wagner troops moving towards Moscow several oligarchs have left Russia and that Putin has gone into hiding
I wouldn’t believe a word of this, Russia has had mercenary troops operating for years they used to be called green jackets? Russians are also congenital liars so much so they have words for what type of lie you are telling they all understand and its considered ‘normal conversation’; one of the reasons Chernobyl blew itself to pieces! I don't know what they are up to but this whole incident and solution looks so stage managed and the rest of the world looks to be falling for it (again). What ever it is it's going to be BAD, Russians have zero value for human life or suffering.

I wouldn’t believe a word of this, Russia has had mercenary troops operating for years they used to be called green jackets? Russians are also congenital liars so much so they have words for what type of lie you are telling they all understand and its considered ‘normal conversation’; one of the reasons Chernobyl blew itself to pieces! I don't know what they are up to but this whole incident and solution looks so stage managed and the rest of the world looks to be falling for it (again). What ever it is it's going to be BAD, Russians have zero value for human life or suffering.

I've seen this view on twitter, I'm usually fairly cautious in giving my opinions but I don't believe it's staged, just can't see how Putin/Russia gains from this. They look silly and weak, for all Russia's games they don't like to look weak.

It seems that Prigozhin bottled it to me.

Latest posts

Back