Vegan Campaign in London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not me that's confused. If you can't comprehend that saying that you'd find it funny that the dairy industry promoting their interests might offend vegans, but won't stand for Vegans doing the same, is hypocrisy then that's on you. It is hypocritical though, whether you like it or not.

Surely not that difficult to get... 🤤🤪

Not arsed about PC stuff, but moaning at the prospect of Vegans promoting their beliefs. Bless.
I suppose the point is you don't see pro-dairy people throwing vegatables on the floor. Which I suspect that a good wash and rinse and they'd be fine wink...

In that respect veg products are superior to dairy. Althought hard cheese might give veg a run for its money? :cool:

With all this aggressive campaigning I get the feeling that you can have an opinion BUT...if its not the same as whoever is the most shouty you're an outcast and an "ist"...
Mrs Clint has very different views to myself but she's not living in the shed...yet.

I suppose the point is you don't see pro-dairy people throwing vegatables on the floor. Which I suspect that a good wash and rinse and they'd be fine wink...

In that respect veg products are superior to dairy. Althought hard cheese might give veg a run for its money? :cool:

That's not the point he was making though.

I hate seeing food being wasted for protests. These PETA adverts are fine with me in that regard.

That's not the point he was making though.

I hate seeing food being wasted for protests. These PETA adverts are fine with me in that regard.
Fair enought, point taken. It is easier to trash dairy apparently.

wasting food to make a point when many people are struggling to afford the basics is abhorrent

Last edited:
With all this aggressive campaigning I get the feeling that you can have an opinion BUT...if its not the same as whoever is the most shouty you're an outcast and an "ist"...
Mrs Clint has very different views to myself but she's not living in the shed...yet.

I think vegans would argue that theirs isn't an opinion, and that killing animals for food when it isn't necessary, is a moral wrong. I don't think I disagree with them. I think it is repugnant to kill animals for our pleasure, and I always feel guilt, but I really enjoy eating meat. My convictions simply aren't strong enough.

Fair enought, point taken. It is easier to trash dairy apparently

Seeing those idiots putting milk everywhere certainly doesn't grab my attention. It's just wasteful. Again, I don't really like the exploitation in the dairy industry, but alternatives just don't cut it. Oat milk is nice, but not a fan of it for coffee.

Every advert at Tube station replaced with vegan posters

Just as well this is being paid for by PETA. There will be those daft enough to assume it's being paid for by the taxpayer though 🤪
"The campaign comes as hundreds of Londoners prepare to take part in “Veganuary”, a campaign to get people to try cutting out dairy and meat products from their diets in the first month of 2017." - Well, 2017 came and went. Although, it wasn't vegan as there was no Stilton screaming blue murder.
Dry January only gave home brewers a chance to rebuild stocks.

"The campaign comes as hundreds of Londoners prepare to take part in “Veganuary”, a campaign to get people to try cutting out dairy and meat products from their diets in the first month of 2017." - Well, 2017 came and went. Although, it wasn't vegan as there was no Stilton screaming blue murder.
Dry January only gave home brewers a chance to rebuild stocks.

Dry January can do one.

Yeah your not wrong there athumb..
1000026774.gif

I think vegans would argue that theirs isn't an opinion, and that killing animals for food when it isn't necessary, is a moral wrong. I don't think I disagree with them. I think it is repugnant to kill animals for our pleasure, and I always feel guilt, but I really enjoy eating meat. My convictions simply aren't strong enough.
It should be a choice.
When there is an underlying faction of accused criminality real or implied,violence,victimisation or preventing people conducting their lawful business or whatever it becomes something totally different. And that applies to anything and everything not just what we put on our table.

It should be a choice.
When there is an underlying faction of accused criminality real or implied,violence,victimisation or preventing people conducting their lawful business or whatever it becomes something totally different. And that applies to anything and everything not just what we put on our table.

I agree. I do also think that in 50-100 years, we* will look back to contemporary farming practices with horror.

*Well, not we, because we'll be worm meat 😂

palm oil and coconut oil are no-no's for me because they are worse than dairy when it comes down to saturated fats so whilst I happily embrace rapeseed and sunflower oil if its palm/coconut oil over dairy then dairy it is for me. I have posted a chart on this somewhere but, well homebrew has dulled the memory in a pleasant and most gratifying way.

p.s. im dadofjon on untapped if you want to check why i'm rahter (intentionally spelled) sanguine about the world in general most times. I am following Ashley Neal's take on the world. (He's an advanced driving instructor) I have learnt to be much more tolerant of those who might normally 'upset' me. He really is a chillmeister.

palm oil and coconut oil are no-no's for me because they are worse than dairy when it comes down to saturated fats so whilst I happily embrace rapeseed and sunflower oil if its palm/coconut oil over dairy then dairy it is for me. I have posted a chart on this somewhere but, well homebrew has dulled the memory in a pleasant and most gratifying way.

p.s. im dadofjon on untapped if you want to check why i'm rahter (intentionally spelled) sanguine about the world in general most times. I am following Ashley Neal's take on the world. (He's an advanced driving instructor) I have learnt to be much more tolerant of those who might normally 'upset' me. He really is a chillmeister.
I'm all for tolerance but not for putting up with the screaming lot should you choose not to 100% accept their views.
Sounds historically familiar.

Back