Vegan Campaign in London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not vegan but have consciously made an effort over the last couple of years to reduce the amount of meat (particularly red) that I eat in order to reduce the impact on the environment and potentially my health.

I've never really understood the argument for going vegan because 'eating animals is bad' though (which the posters seem to be promoting) rather than because farming meat has a significant environmental impact.

I fully support not being inhumane about the whole process of farming. But what do they expect will happen to all those animals if people stop eating meat and dairy? Farmers aren't going to breed them just for the fun of it. At the end of the day, it's a business just like any other.

I will admit i eat to much meat but that is my choice, i am not anti vegan and respect their choice not to eat dairy, what i don't like and will not tolerate under any circumstances is someone trying to force their views on what i should be eating or doing, now if those bollards were promoting dairy there would be uproar form the veggie movement i would just walk past with a wry smile

I will admit i eat to much meat but that is my choice, i am not anti vegan and respect their choice not to eat dairy, what i don't like and will not tolerate under any circumstances is someone trying to force their views on what i should be eating or doing, now if those bollards were promoting dairy there would be uproar form the veggie movement i would just walk past with a wry smile

Is that not a bit pot calling the kettle black?

unlike that lot who tip milk on the floor

I always find stuff like this completely counter-intuitive. I understand they are trying to raise awareness but increasing the consumption of the product they are campaigning against by being wasteful makes little sense.

I also don't understand campaigns that seem more intent on upsetting or frustrating people than anything else, if you want the vast majority of people to join your cause then you've got to keep them on side.

For reference in case people aren't aware of what Rod is referring to: Vegan activists pour litres of milk onto floor at Scots Waitrose in protest

I fully understand that they are trying to highlight their concerns but, as above it is the wrong way to do it. If they ever got to court the judge should have given 40 activity days, 20 digging veg in a 20 acre field all by hand and 20 working in a slaughter house just to give them an idea of how things work and what is involved, mind you looking at them a days work might do them serious harm and, after the activity days 5 years of penal servitude on a remote Scottish island with no modern services just a farm with a few animals and hand tools for growing veggies, there that should teach the little darlings acheers.:laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

Who doesn't want less cruelty to animals? On the surface PETA look like saviour organisation but just a little digging reveals some concerning extremist ideologies, removing the human animal pet bond, destroying pets, stopping the notion of pets, arguing for the killing of outdoor cats.

Looks like there is a case for asking questions of the advertising standards into the ethics of PETA, I'm sure some people will be complaining already.

https://petakillsanimals.com/proof-peta-kills/#why-peta-kills

Not really, meat eaters don't go in shops throwing veggies on the floor, unlike that lot who tip milk on the floor and generally disrupting people's covenent to a peacefull life without interuption from a gang of barmpots :coat:

I wasn't talking about meat eaters, I was talking about what you said in your post.

"I'm outraged by vegan forcing their choices on us, but would have a wry smile if it was the dairy industry." or something to that effect.

Hypocritical, no?

will just leave this here.....

Attachments

• 323292057_704236731255171_7660155290070900199_n.jpg
    323292057_704236731255171_7660155290070900199_n.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
If you read all the post's you are the only one who used the word hypocritical not me, as i said mine was a point of view, try not to get confused, and yes i am not ar-ed, i can't be doing with all this pc sh-t that is bandied about these days

If you read all the post's you are the only one who used the word hypocritical not me, as i said mine was a point of view, try not to get confused, and yes i am not ar-ed, i can't be doing with all this pc sh-t that is bandied about these days

Not me that's confused. If you can't comprehend that saying that you'd find it funny that the dairy industry promoting their interests might offend vegans, but won't stand for Vegans doing the same, is hypocrisy then that's on you. It is hypocritical though, whether you like it or not.

Surely not that difficult to get... 🤤🤪

Not arsed about PC stuff, but moaning at the prospect of Vegans promoting their beliefs. Bless.

Latest posts

Back