Verdant IPA query

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Lallemand Verdant first thing this morning after an overnight chill, taken from the fridge and pitched at ambient 14C and there is very little sign of activity yet. Most other yeasts I've used would be active by now.

I don't bother pressure fermenting it...seems a waste to pressure ferment Verdant yeast as you don't get the flavour from the yeast, which is a signature trademark of Verdant beers
I've done it without pressure and now that I have the ability to do it I want to try and see if there is a difference. Seen a DH video were he says to only put pressure on after two days so I thought I'd try it that way.

I used Lallemand Verdant first thing this morning after an overnight chill, taken from the fridge and pitched at ambient 14C and there is very little sign of activity yet. Most other yeasts I've used would be active by now.
Didn't start up for 24 hours for me. The last couple of times I used it I pitched at 20 and there wasn't much lag at all.
When it got going it went like a rocket.

Pulled the PRV for the second dry hop. Expanded to almost fill the fermentor.
1680104405765419104500242131660.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking really well and I'm thinking I'll be happy with this one.
As usual nothing goes easy for me. The ispindel got stuck under the dip tube and just wouldn't come out. The dog could sense the frustration and scarpered 😂
PXL_20230402_204032883.jpg

Latest posts

Back