Vinclasse Red Wine kit - extract sachet added at start of fermentation, not end

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Hunt

Reaction score
Misread the instructions and addd the extract sachet at the start of fermentation. Will this cause a problem? Do I need to get another sachet?

Thanks for help

RustySpanner

I don't think it'll harm the fermentation but as with the juice wines i make the end product is never as strong tasting as the original so the wine will have little flavour when fininshed, if you send the manufacturer an email telling them you misread the instruction am sure they will send you another.

I don't think it'll harm the fermentation but as with the juice wines i make the end product is never as strong tasting as the original so the wine will have little flavour when fininshed, if you send the manufacturer an email telling them you misread the instruction am sure they will send you another.
Thanks CT, I've just emailed them

I once bought a WineBuddy kit and one of the 3 fining sachets was missing i emailed them and they replied the same day apologising for the mistake and they sent me one in the next post.

Misread the instructions and addd the extract sachet at the start of fermentation. Will this cause a problem? Do I need to get another sachet?

Thanks for help

RustySpanner
How did turn out?
I added the extract sachet like it said, at the end but it added so much woody, smokey flavour to it that it made it almost undrinkable.
My advice to anyone trying one of these kits would be to go easy with that large extract sachet. Maybe 10% would be enough.
I bought two, so still have one to experiment with.

Back