Virgin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcs075

Reaction score
Long story short ...

Nearly twelve months ago I lost my Dad and since then I've spent most of my time looking after my Mum who has dementia. Sounds selfish but occassionally I've needed a distraction to keep me sane. I'm fortunate that I have access to loads of apple trees so I bought a crusher, press and pasteuriser, and made more apple juice than Waitrose.

(Bet you're glad I didn't give you the long version...)

I gave most of it to friends. Some suggested I may want to experiment with a batch of cider so I bought a kit and six hours of washing, chopping, crushing and pressing I had 30L on the go.

No idea if this will be a one-off adventure, or the start of a beautiful relationship between me and homebrew.

Will let you know ....

You're obviously having a tough time, good on you for looking after your mum, I had the Dane thing with my mum, so I know the score

Making things, being productive and creative, is a great form of therapy and escape, and not selfish in the slightest. Let us know how the cider works out.

Latest posts

Back