w o w how long to clear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrylewis

Reaction score
made some of this in march,was then away for a month ,came back and all sediment at bottom of dj but wine still VERY cloudy,don't want to start adding chemicals just yet,am i panicking too soon?as always,any help/advise much appreciated

By now you should have racked and got it off all the sediment at the bottom of the jar.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever left a WOW to clear on its own, but it never seems in much of a hurry to do so and I suspect it could take a month or two if left to nature. A cool place would help, but you probably are worrying too soon.

Although I try to use additives sparingly, I don't have a problem with finings as they are all natural ingredients (even if they do come from some strange places).

I rack after about 4-5weeks then store in 5ltr plastic bottles for about another month, some clear better than others, think it depends on the brand of juice used.

Thought I'd get a head start for the summer needs and have 46ltrs started on Monday, Mrs Mc's complaining of the smell in dinning room and when i came in from work this morning I agreed it was a bit much, but the wine is hers and her cronies :whistle:

Moley said:
Although I try to use additives sparingly, I don't have a problem with finings as they are all natural ingredients (even if they do come from some strange places).
I like to get my wines cleared as soon as posible.

Racked a WOW yesterday, added Kwick Clear and it is almost clear enough to filter today but will leave it till Monday.

Wurzel's Orange Wine

Sorry, that's a beginner's guide link since quite a few are using that to dabble with winemaking for the first time.

There's a Glossary button, left hand side of the forum banner, and here's an Acronyms topic which was started recently.

Latest posts

Back