Water Treatment Calculator & Extract Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mashman

Reaction score
Hi all.
After a bit of a layoff from brewing I'd like to resurrect my gear by doing a quick extract kit just to get me back into the swing of things.
Embarrassingly, I've never paid much attention to water treatment using water straight from the tap, I live on the Yorkshire Coast which is a hard water area and in an attempt to avoid the "homebrew twang" I'd like to use the sites water treatment calculator and at least get that sorted out.
However the calculator seems more aimed at all grain brewing by asking you to add any dry treatment salts to your grist, well of course with an extract kit there is no grist.
Would anyone know if it is just the same result if it's all chucked into the liquor prior to the extract going in ?
If anyone has any further advice for extract water treatment for hard water it would be good to hear.

Cheers, Steve.

Whether you use AG or kits you can treat the water so just do that as long as you understand the correction amounts.
I would also do the basic of half a campden tablet too.
Welcome back

Latest posts

Back