Weather warnings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of stuff on YouTube on them and their use. Originally designed for use with tropical fish aquarium temp control I think, but can be used with any temp control application you might have a need for.

I've brought all my stash from the garage into the house, 4 x plastic crates of 20 bottles each. It was 38C in the shade here yesterday, must have been much hotter in the garage, it's usually 5-10C hotter than outside. I've had plenty of bottles explode in the garage over the years during the hottest days of the summer, I now don't take any chances. I also stop brewing this time of year so am drinking my stash rather than adding to it, I'll resume brewing mid/late Aug when it cools down a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm looking up Inkbird because this is the first time I've heard of such a piece of kit. Does it control the chest freezer temperature or actually act like a mini refrigeration unit in itself? Seems it works between -50C and +99C which is a massive range. Can't see how it works from their website.
It’s actually a very simple device. It plugs into the mains power and senses temperature using a probe on the end of a wire (that you put in your freezer). Depending on whether the temperature is higher or lower than the temperature you set (plus the difference you allow, eg set at 8 allow 2 degrees differential), it will send mains power to a mains outlet labelled cooling or a mains outlet labelled heating (or neither if the temperature is right).

You could buy one today for about £20 and have it all set up within a few minutes of delivery (tomorrow if you buy it from Amazon 😉)

Happy holiday!

Latest posts

Back