wedding beer plans what you think!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuggitmv

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all and a happy new year.So here is the thing im getting married in July and want to make the beer for a toast as im not a fan of champagne and nether it the other half.so was thinking of doing a very pale ale using low colour marris otter and a bit of wheat for head adding Tangerine juice and zest adding citra hops for a nice summer pale ale perfect for a champagne glass.And was thinking of doing this one with champagne yeast for the little bubbles also looking into getting champagne bottles with corks n cages

so am i barking mad or dose this sound not to bad :wha:

This probably wouldn't come out as you'd thought . I would change the juice to peel , the juice may destroy and head foam . You'll get more effect mashing low or high depending on what you want (sweet and full , light and dry) . Using champagne yeast will give you a very thin , strong beer probably with a bit of a bite . It could finish very low .
This could still work though with a few changes , i would get a good liquid yeast to make the best difference , but that is easier said than done . You need to have a look on the whitelabs web site or malt miller and have a look at the info on the different yeasts . All the best for the big day . :clap:

mattyhall22 said:
Sounds really good, but will the venue allow you to use your own home brew?

:cheers:
yes we Spock to them its going to cost £200 quid for enough for every one or £60 quid for corkage and the cost of the brew

thanks pittsy good info there :thumb:

You can definatley use champagne bottles, Rob at Maltmiller stocks the corks and cages. The biggest expense would be the floor corker, I use Corona bench corker which works but tough to get hold of in the UK.

uhu7u8a6.jpg

Blue moon may use an ale yeast , but other similar beers use a Belgian strain like wlp400 which gives a tart refreshing flavour/mouthfeel . Think hoegaarden but these have 50% wheat and are spice with coriander and orange peel , I love it but not to everyone's taste .

You could try and mimic something similar to Wild Beer's Ninkasi. It's brewed as a saison type beer, but with lots of zesty fruitiness, and is strong so is definitely better as a sharing beer. Second fermentation is with champagne yeast, and it definitely has the same sort of mouth feel as champagne, little bubbles on the tongue. It's meant to be served in a champagne flute too.

http://wildbeerco.com/beers/ninkasi/

Asalpaws said:
You can definatley use champagne bottles, Rob at Maltmiller stocks the corks and cages. The biggest expense would be the floor corker, I use Corona bench corker which works but tough to get hold of in the UK.

uhu7u8a6.jpg

i have a hand corker will this get them in or dose it have to be a floor corker

I'm not sure, it might be a try it and have a few " dry" runs. The big crown caps are a good back up plan. T

Latest posts

Back