well chuffed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty198111

Reaction score
well today my wine was ready for bottling, so i was up at the crack of dawn ( 8:30 lol )
and sterilised everything and started bottling.

i know its only a kit but gotta start some where

i tried it already and it tastes great so im well happy with the results

i just cant wait now for the wow to finish its thing

anyway silly i know but i was so happy i had to take a piccy so here it is

0112.jpg

just though

will it be ok in a screw top for a couple months or shall i replace with a cork

cheers

mat

There is an on going debate about the use of screw caps for wine. Personly ive never used them as i used to use corks. If i was you i would get yourself some corks and use those instead. But im sure Moley will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

P.S.
If your anywhere near Northamptonshire i have a hand corker, corks and shrink caps i can let you have.

Dave

corby_brewer said:
There is an on going debate about the use of screw caps for wine. Personly ive never used them as i used to use corks. If i was you i would get yourself some corks and use those instead. But im sure Moley will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

P.S.
If your anywhere near Northamptonshire i have a hand corker, corks and shrink caps i can let you have.

Dave

well thats a great offer thanks for the thought

its a shame cause i could do with it but unfortunatlly i live in southampton,
thanks for the thought thouhg it is appreciated

many thanks

mat

matty198111 said:
will it be ok in a screw top for a couple months or shall i replace with a cork?
Screw caps are fine if your wine has been stabilised.
They tend to wear quite quickly so I only re-use them once or twice and then use corks or plastic stoppers.

silly i know but i was so happy i had to take a piccy
Not silly at all, it looks good, you say it already tastes good (and it will be so much better in a couple of months), you've got every right to be chuffed :thumb:

nice one dude!!!

With my first complete wine, i took lots of pics lol, its on a thread here somewhere but i cba to find it lol!!

Well done though! It is very satisfying when you see your first brew come out good and it doesnt really wear off either!!!!

Oh and im on the cork bandwagon!! :rofl:

i am getting one of those 4o bottle wine chillers the ones that chill to 12c

what i was wandering is for now will it be ok to keep it in them in the fridge which is at 4c

i know 12c is the best temp to help them age but will they still age at 4c if so im guessing it will take longer is it 3x longer

im getting the wine chiller for my birthday but thats not till october

i keep all my wines in the same place i leave them to clear, then plonk (no pun intended!!) them in the frige on the morning im gonna be drinking them, giving them enough time to chill for the nite!

Turbotez said:
i keep all my wines in the same place i leave them to clear, then plonk (no pun intended!!) them in the frige on the morning im gonna be drinking them, giving them enough time to chill for the nite!

yeah trouble is ive not got any where it can stay at around 12c i can keep it at a stable temp like in my house but thats like 25c

AS long as the temp is cool and stable you can store your wine at it . . .as has been mentioned 12C is seen as 'Ideal' but I've been in cellars that are at 8C . . . Temperature stability is the important bit.

Latest posts

Back