West Mids Newbie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NM1985

Reaction score
Morning all!!

Relative newbie from Willenhall here. Made a kit beer a few years back, didnt turn out as good as hoped but I think I was a little over anxious. Anyway, fast forward to last year, I got a 6bt cabernet sauvingon kit from family member and had another go at it. For those on the ''book of face'' group, this was the 24%abv (dont ask) batch.

Looking forward, I'd like to have a go at a few small batches of mead/honey wine, maybe some more kit wines. I do have a little idea regarding marsala wine which i'll post in the recipies forum.

Welcome to the forum.
cheers:

For those on the ''book of face'' group, this was the 24%abv (dont ask) batch.
I cannot resist, how did you manage to get it to 24 %ABV most wine kit yeast will fail not much north of 16%, did you switch it for turbo yeast?

Thank you

I did ask the FB group the same question as I was pretty impressed myself!!

Basically, it had to ferment for another week as i was working away and my partner wasn't confident enough to clear the wine in my absence. If memory serves, the kit said to add 900g of sugar, I added 1kg. Used the kit yeast, finings, clearing sachets etc etc and took an FG reading of 0.886.

Who knows, maybe it was a turbo yeast mistakenly supplied or packaged

Back