What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried the first bottle of my Old Peculiar clone, maybe a bit early, as it was bottled less than two weeks ago.

It was a bit under-carbed, but tasted just like.......Old Peculiar....result!athumb..

I usually prefer lighter ales, but my 'moderately hard' water profile is more suited to darker ales, so perhaps this is a style of beer I should brew more often.

Just tried Badger First Call (previously First Gold). Managed about 5 mouth fulls before giving the rest to my wife. Hints of fag ash, with overtones of marijuana/hemp (takes me back to my student days.....).... No thanks. lol She was rather upset with my description, and told me off when I said that pretty much all Badger beers taste like that... lmao

I may be on the naughty step tonight....

IMG_0551.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never heard of the "Isle of Leicester" but that looks like the sea in the background!

However, I may be hallucinating because I'm still trying to link things together "Deep Sea Diver an Orange and Pale Ale"!

It better taste great! :thumb:

Ha ha - Filey in the van for a weekend [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A weissbeer I brewed several months ago, which has come along reasonably but not s great beer overall.

First taste of my Anzac IPA (Galaxy, Rakau, Vic Secret) which is very enjoyable.

A dubbel for dessert to come later.

I started with three of these 650ml Premium Bitters (sorry about the cloudiness but I got enthusiastic with the pour) ...

IMG_0782.jpg

... and then went on to a litre of Oatmeal Stout ...

IMG_0784.jpg

... which is pretty lively considering that it's 8 months old. :thumb:

Hope you're knocking up something spicy to go with that lot!

At the moment I think that I might rely on a "hydraulic supper"! :thumb:

But for that I have to get to bed quick and avoid "The Nibblies" that can introduce a zillion calories into a diet!

Good News is that I'm over the limit to drive down to the Chippy! :thumb:

Bad News is that they deliver! aheadbutt

Ooooh! I've never been good at resisting temptation! :laugh8:

Toughing out the drizzly weather in Brittany with this and its Blonde sibling. I like to the think this is French for "Good Ale"
20180812_154156.jpg

@cushyno most of the big supermarkets have a good range- this is my favourite - think it came from Super - U which also sold the blonde. Went in a massuveE Eclerc today and they only do the amber one. Even the lass on the checkout commented that it was a good drop. Banging head today though - 750ml bottles of 7.2% not ideal aperitif material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back