What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, Rochefort 8 is one of my all time favourites, I could drink it all day.[/QUOTE]

At 9.2% the day might be very short, but it's definitely a great beer.:lol::grin:

Thornbridge serpent. Another big sharer (with myself) Aroma is funky brett, sour crab apples. some lemon. Taste has that bretty barnyard funk. Not to sour. Bloody lovely I'm glad nobody is sharing.

I had the whole of that bottle to myself when I visited thornbridge brewery :grin: the other guys visiting were driving and already up to their limit. The women had mopped up their husbands remaining free drinks and had drunk enough. RESULT!! Although I almost fell in the river on the way back to the bus stop. :roll:

So on a bit of an unplanned session.:whistle:

First chop vanilla stout,

Tasty, lots of roast flavours,but to be honest put, my coopers stout with vanilla was better.

@Leon103 is it a typical example of the style? It's the first I've tried.

Guinness West Indies Porter, very nice drop. Never had Porter before but it will be on my to do list of beers.

So, this is my first ever homebrew. It is only a Wilko's Starter kit English Bitter, so I am not expecting anything much. I started it in November. It was in the fermenter for three weeks, bottled and kept in a dark cool shoe cupboard for two weeks and then in the shed for 8 days. Do I try one now or not?

Attachments

• 20180111_200828.jpg
    20180111_200828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
But: this morning I placed a plastic .5L in the fridge with Dutto Bitter Ale. A bit early, only been carbonating for 5 days, but couldn't wait :D
Looking very clear.

Well it's Friday so myself & Mrs K will be off to the pub before tea. That means two pints of Abbot Ale for me & Prosecco for her (it's Fizz Friday so a bottle is cheaper than her usual 2 glasses of Sauvignon Blanc).

Bottled a Festival Razorback 3 weeks ago so it might be time for a sneaky early preview later on. Looked last night & it's looking pretty clear :)

Had a meantime chocolate porter at lunch. Not sure why the restaurant decided to serve it ice cold and I had to ask for a none frozen glass

The "@Dutto English Bitter". View media item 544 Can't taste the alcohol, hoppiness blurs everything.
#deathbyhops

edit: jesus h christ i don't know if i mistook lbs for kilos but the hoppines is beyond legal wtf was i thinking gonna drink anyway but wow mule kick every time

Last edited:
Just a hot toddy for me tonight I think I might have this ausie flu. I feel like I've been run over by a truck

Attachments

• DSC_0910.JPG
    DSC_0910.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0910.JPG
    DSC_0910.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
I’m at a Metallica tribute band tonight so I’m completely unapologetic about the fact I’m drinking Corona!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back