What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saison that sat on blackberries from the garden for a week in secondary.

This is a couple of months old now and has conditioned beautifully. The blackberry is there at the start and it fades in the finish as the yeast comes through for that classic Saison.

The deep purple colour doesn't come across on the photo

IMG_20181130_200040.jpg

Saison that sat on blackberries from the garden for a week in secondary.

This is a couple of months old now and has conditioned beautifully. The blackberry is there at the start and it fades in the finish as the yeast comes through for that classic Saison.

The deep purple colour doesn't come across on the photo

View attachment 16591

I added blackberries to a couple of kit Lagers and I recognise the purple - very nice colour, though I never got much else, TBH. Blackberries seem to me more effort than they add to beer. Making a crumble with them is more their strong point. Apple and Blackberry make a very decent crumble.

This was nearly 2kg of blackberries in a 10L batch and it definitely has a distinct fruity hit. I do think raspberries tend to come through a lot stronger though.

This is what I had at breakfast on Saturday. Malt and wheat with spices, it said. Brewed by Estrella. Tasted like a creamy Estrella with a hint of orange. Avoid.
IMG-20181201-WA0000.jpeg

Edit: the glass was brown.

Well,what a disgrace that was! Back home now ....a nicely chilled pale ale. While Mrs Clint rummages round in the loft for the Christmas decorations...

Trying lots of yummy beers at Pivovarsky Klub, Prague - favourite so far Is Mad Cat Wheat Ale. Thinking I might have to try brewing a wit sooner rather than later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back