What are you listening to tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just rediscovered Marc Riley on 6 Music - he plays some amazing new bands - check out The Bug Club and Warmduscher.

Missing something here - I've no idea what Northern soul is, and I only saw a young fella join in with her...
Northern soul is a music and dance movement that emerged in Northern England and the English Midlands in the late 1960s from the British mod scene, based on a particular style of black American soul music, especially from the mid-1960s, with a heavy beat and fast tempo (100 bpm and above)[1][2] or American soul music from northern cities such as Detroit, Chicago and others.

The northern soul movement generally eschews Motown or Motown-influenced music that has had significant mainstream commercial success.

I’ve been enjoying the new Jeremy Ivey album over the weekend, I stumbled across him through Apple Music recommendations and apparently his wife is Margo Price:

Northern soul is a music and dance movement that emerged in Northern England and the English Midlands in the late 1960s from the British mod scene, based on a particular style of black American soul music, especially from the mid-1960s, with a heavy beat and fast tempo (100 bpm and above)[1][2] or American soul music from northern cities such as Detroit, Chicago and others.
Thank you - but strangely I didn't need to know all that having managed perfectly well to date without it.

Latest posts

Back