What co2 nitgrogen ratio

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnsbrewery

Reaction score
Hi, what is the best gas ratio for co2 and nitrogen for pale ales,pilsners etc? Or do people just use pure co2? I’m trying to figure what’s best to buy. Thank you

Just to expand on my previous answer, CO2 is better for a home brewer to both force carbonate and provide the pressure to serve. If you only wanted to serve beer made by a commercial brewery then that's when mixed gas might be better used.
A Co2 regulator has a different thread on it than a mixed gas regulator.

Just to expand on my previous answer, CO2 is better for a home brewer to both force carbonate and provide the pressure to serve. If you only wanted to serve beer made by a commercial brewery then that's when mixed gas might be better used.
A Co2 regulator has a different thread on it than a mixed gas regulator.
Thanks, that makes sense. Perfect I’ll go for the co2 only then! Cheers!!

Plenty of online places selling kegs and regulator's, I got mine from the Maltmiller. As for gas depends on where you live, what's available locally, I've seen large discrepancies in what some people are paying quoted here, especially where some companies are charging a rental fee for the cylinder. ( i pay about £25 for a refill and it was about £15 deposit initially for the cylinder)

Latest posts

Back