What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening brew day just started due to not pushing my luck on mother's Day. Brewing a clone of the Kernel export Indian Porter this evening..smells lovely
IMG_20210315_184650.jpg

Using Bramling Cross all the way through.
As did I, made for a lovely beer. I think that they suggest using Chinook particularly as an alternative.

Was a bit concerned about the high % of specialty malts in the recipe before I brewed it, but needn't have been.

I've got Pennine's Spring Stout to brew for my next dark beer, but must do this one again, thanks for the reminder.

As did I, made for a lovely beer. I think that they suggest using Chinook particularly as an alternative.

Was a bit concerned about the high % of specialty malts in the recipe before I brewed it, but needn't have been.

I've got Pennine's Spring Stout to brew for my next dark beer, but must do this one again, thanks for the reminder.
I brewed the spring stout. Lovely beer, I plan to brew it again soon

It was the version in the BYO mag, I think I had heard that too about Chinook but seems logical to stick with English hops. Smells good...slow sparge though. 😌

Continuing on my Brewdog adventure, it's the turn of Dead Pony Club.
This one I plan to sit alongside the Elvis Juice I have sat in the first corny.

I'm going to give gelatine addition a go this time to really try and clear the beer out so that should be fun to try.

Dead Pony Club (Brewdog) 4.1%
Batch Volume: 20 L
Original Gravity: 1.041
Final Gravity: 1.010
IBU (Tinseth): 31
Colour: 16.9 EBC

2.8 kg (
77.4%) — Crisp Crisp Clear Choice Extra Pale — Grain — 3.9 EBC
630 g (17.4%) — Crisp Cara — Grain — 34.5 EBC
190 g (5.3%) — Crisp Crystal Dark — Grain — 148 EBC

5 g (9 IBU) — Citra 12% — Boil60 min
5 g (
9 IBU) — Simcoe 13% — Boil60 min
5 g (
7 IBU) — Citra 12% — Boil30 min
5 g (
7 IBU) — Simcoe 13% — Boil30 min
75 g
— Citra 12% — Dry Hop4 days
62.5 g
— Mosaic 12.25% — Dry Hop4 days
50 g
— Simcoe 13% — Dry Hop4 days

1 pkg
— Lallemand (LalBrew) BRY-97 American West Coast Ale 80%

This brew I learned that:
  1. My grain bed didn't collect all of the bits from the wort during recirculation
  2. My false bottom didn't stop the whole hops (citra) from passing through and so my hope to use it as a filter failed (blocked pump)
  3. I should be rehydrating my Irish moss before I add it (found this out after I finished)
  4. I still get very **** cold break (proteins don't really clump very well (may be related to 3 or may be that the immersion chiller that came with the brewzilla isn't very good)
  5. My mash efficiency is settling at around 80-82%

22 litres of a Belgian IPA
Water
Ca 90 Mg 16 SO4 84 Na 35 Cl 50 Alkalinity 20
Grain
2000g Abbey Malt
2000g Lager malt
1000g Light Munich malt
200g Special B
Hops
35g Chinook @ 60m
30g Cascade @ 15m
Protofloc @ 15m
600g Dextrose @ 10m
Yeast
MJ 31 Tripel
OG 1062 BHE 73%
IBU 64
SRM 13.6

I just finished brewing a session US Pale. Golden Promise with 6% extra light crystal to 1.050 (that's session for me).

I had a nightmare of a start, trying to download the recipe onto my tablet and then into the GF ( I swear wifi and bluetooth are both witchcraft). It took two hours of faffing and cursing before I discovered that the tablet had run out of storage and I was able to delete some junk.

Hops were 16g Magnum @60m, 20g Citra @15m and 20g each of Amarillo, Chinook & Citra as a hopstand for 15 m at 77°C.

Had planned to use US-05, but changed to CML Pia, when I noticed the BBE date on Feb21 on the packet.

First brew for months,

3000g Pale Malt
250g Caramalt
1kg DME
US-05 Yeast

20g Chinook @60
12.5g Williamette @60
20g Chinook @15
12.5g Williamette @15
27.5g Chinook @0
12.5 Nelson @0
12.5 Simcoe@0
12.5 Williamette @0

OG : 1053

Just mashed in on my version of Greg Hughes Black IPA
IMG_20210318_094647.jpg

Attachments

• GH Black IPA.pdf
    893 KB · Views: 71
Second brew of the week underway, just mashed in. I'm making another Tribute clone, was intending just to follow my previous recipe, but having cast my eye over several other recipes for it on here, plus the description from St Austell's website, I ended up making a chimera of all of them. What could possibly go wrong?

4kg MO
500g Munich
200g Carapils
60 min mash @ 66°C
60 min boil
17g Magnum @60
10g Willamette & 15g Fuggles @ 15
15g Willamette & 15g Saaz @ FO

Latest posts

Back