What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my lichtenhainer today, came in at a fg of 1.004 for a 3.8% ABV. Noticeable smokyness and very mild sourness at this point

Attachments

• IMG_20220223_170125466.jpg
    IMG_20220223_170125466.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 26
Brewed a Double IPA today:
20 litres to the FV @ OG of 1.090
10kg Bohemian Pilsner
91 IBU
60 min - 50g Simcoe, 50g Azacca
5 min - 20g Azacca, 20g Citra
will dry hop with Citra, Azacca, and Simcoe once the airlock stops.
2 packs of Nottingham

It's been a long day!

Last edited:
Mashing in a big boy stout. Taking inspiration from @Pennine everything good in the world Imperial stout

5.5kg Maris otter
500g Caramunich 2
300g chocolate malt
300g roasted barley
200g black malt
850g flaked barley

Magnum to bitter
San Diego super yeast (slurry)

Need to buy coca nibs and steep them in Jack Daniels or similar. Cold brewed coffee, maple syrup and vanilla extract will be added during or after fermentation.
Not sure on numbers but I can bump up the numbers if I need to with some sugar. Any advice is welcome 😁

Looking around 12 litres @1.085 or above

Last edited:
A golden ale using Pops Pale from Crafty Maltsters - as recommended by several on the forum.

90% Pops Pale, 6% Torrified Wheat, 4% Crystal

Challenger for bitterness, Willamette for Aroma including a modest dry hop

Aiming for about 4.2% abv and 30 IBU.

CML Pia yeast as that's what I've got. I forgot to order yeast when I bought my last batch of grain and hops. Should be absolutely fine though.

Wasn't to sure what an Italian pilsner was and I didn't want to sound stupid. Incase anyone else is in the same boat

https://www.hopculture.com/what-is-an-italian-pilsner/
I have tried versions from Duration, burning sky, siren and one from Poland. All been nice and slightly different levels of hopping. Really enjoy Durations Cutting Grass & Sirens is really nice too(maltmiller sell it).
I would like to try the original to see how it compares.

If you had asked I would have directed you to the first blog I read about the style which has alot of the info in the page you found. Think both articles cover it better than I could 😁
https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/blo...nses-following-the-journey-of-italian-pilsner

Last edited:
No boil user upper (5l)

1kg Vienna (UK)
500g Diastatic Amber
132g Chevallier Pale
100g rolled oats

10g Mittelfrueh + Tettnang mix (Mash)

Dregs from 2 bottles of Boom Oude Gueze

OG: 1.066, will see what we're at in a few months time
Checked this yesterday, down to 1.004 already, light sourness present

Talus mid coast IPA yesterday. 20 litres
4kg Maris otter
200g munich
200g oats
200g sugar
magnum @60 10ibu
100g Talus 30 mins at 80c- 20 ibu
us 05 18.5c . will dry hop 120g talus on day 6 for 3 days then keg.

Ro water plus 4g Gypsum, 2g calcium chloride, 1g epsom salts, 1g sea salt. hit ph 5.2

first experience with these hops- if the smell out of the packet is anything to go buy i am in for a treat!

22.5 litres Antipodean Bass Pale Ale clone. OG 1,054, IBU 33, SRM 15.3
4.8 kg NZ Ale Malt
1.0 kg Flaked corn
0.45 kg Dark Crystal late addition
0.25 kg NZ Gladiator Malt late addition
0.04 kg Voyager Roast Barley late addition
24 g Northern Brewer 60 mins
15 g Northern Brewer 15 mins
Pushed the Guten to its limits, aimed for 23 litres just fell short, liquor was about 3-4 mm from the top of the kettle.

Repeated this brew again today cut out 0,200 gram of base malt, halved the roast barley to get closer to the colour. Did end up with 23 litres in the fermenter, after adding more water to the kettle.

Lagged the return pipe as there is a heat exchange of about 2 C from the outflow.
004.JPG
Really pushed it lapping the top when I added my late additions.
010.JPG
Can't be without the hoist, bought it for the 70 litre but saves the back lifting the grain basket from the 40 litre.

011.JPG
Happier with the colour of this second batch.

013.JPG

Used my little 12 volt unit to cold crash one of my ales, more than happy with its performance. sitting on .3 degrees C.
002.JPG

Back