What in the world is this?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCount

Reaction score
What is this. Never seen such a thing before in my 80+ starters. It does not look like a pellicle to me, it does not look like mold (or does it?) and it does not look like krausen that fell into the starter (idk why it would do that in the first place though). So what is this?

Hope it works now

Attachments

• 20211120_163749.jpg
    20211120_163749.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 201
That's yeast isn't it? All nicely clumped together floating on the surface, just after pitching? A dried packet right?

That's yeast isn't it? All nicely clumped together floating on the surface, just after pitching? A dried packet right?
Not at all. It's a frozen vial of WLP833 that I first made a 250ml 1.020 vitality starter of and then made a real starter of. This is 4 days after I let the starter stop spinning.

Not at all. It's a frozen vial of WLP833 that I first made a 250ml 1.020 vitality starter of and then made a real starter of. This is 4 days after I let the starter stop spinning.

How curious!!!

Hope it is okay for you :)

The bottom-right corner is concerning to me but I don't know what it is--sorry.
Hopefully, it turns out to be nothing to worry about.
If I'm not wrong, the thing in the bortom right corner is my white shirt whit black stripes. Or do you mean something else?

Back