What size QMAX Cutter?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern Softy

Reaction score
Just took delivery of two very shinny 70L Stock Pots from Nordic. Now need to fit a 15mm Tank Connector but what size hole. Some people have said 20mm, some 20.4mm or even 21mm. Or will any of them do? QMAX cutters come in all these sizes :?:

I work with the 21mm and everything is fine with it, depends how tight you want the hole.

I use the 20mm, and tickle the hole out with a half round file until I have an engineering fit on the Tank connector (In other words you have to screw the TC into the hole rather than it fitting freely)

Thanks, i'll go for the 20.4. The wife said I can always use her rabbit if need be:eek: . I don't know what she means but presumably it's some kind of Dremel attachment.

Southern Softy said:
Thanks, i'll go for the 20.4. The wife said I can always use her rabbit if need be:eek: . I don't know what she means but presumably it's some kind of Dremel attachment.

The rabbit seems the tool for all bases, ram it right in and tickle the perimeter at the same time :D

UP

Measured the thread on a 15mm tank connector and it measured 20.75mm dia, can't see the point in buying one too small then having to use something else to make it bigger, 21mm worked perfect for me.

Latest posts

Back