Whats this WKD stuff?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tried a search and came up with nothing. other than people refering to it. like its some kind of secret that you have to be in the masons to know about! :hmm:

I've been around this forum for a while and I haven't come across it.

I've seen it in the supermarket but it didn't appeal to me so I left it there.

i dont know what that alcoshots stuff is!

i dont really know what im asking about, i just have read people mentioning it, and wondered if there was a home brew imitation of the supermarket wkd blue alcopop, as my missus used to love it, but we've lived abroad for almost 7 years now and cant get anything like that over here.

whatever these alcoshots are tho im interested.....

WKD is 4.5% so the alc level can easily be got by brewing normally. It's a flavoured vodka, so if I was going to try to make it, and I'm not coz it sounds awful, I'd use a superyeast on a straight sugar solution, add some vodka flavouring (from homebrew shop) then the additional flavour of choice from a Sodastream pack, and finally dilute to the correct strength.
I've never seen anybody over the age of 20 drink one. I think there's a reason for that.

oldbloke said:
if I was going to try to make it, and I'm not coz it sounds awful ....(snip).... I've never seen anybody over the age of 20 drink one. I think there's a reason for that.
:lol: :clap:

I agree with oldbloke's suggestion too, make a batch of Kilju (sugar + water + yeast) but give it some yeast nutrient and a bit of citric acid, then flavour and colour as required.

And that's a super yeast compound, not a turbo yeast :nono:

i think i agree with oldbloke aswell.

im not going to try and make it. i was just wondering if it was something that was made from a mix of fruit juices that had an end result that tasted like wkd. all that kilju and flavouring nonsence does not sound apealling atall.

id just like to clarify that i am not a wooly woofter alcopop drinker. i am a hardcore cider and beer drinker. and i break bricks on my forhead for sport. then i eat them.

ggggrrrr

Latest posts

Back