What's your favourite kit you have brewed?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brupak Fixby Gold, St Peters IPA, Woodefordes Great Eastern (sadly missed). Favourite wine Kit would be Wine Expert Selection Shiraz Cabernet or Luna Rossa-either are something special.

Ditto golden stag and ruby red. Of one can kits i love coopers even real ale, made up with enhancer it's a top summer session beer!

Markdon said:
Can anyone recommend a good lager kit? Want to give one a go, to put into a batch of clear bottles.

I like the Coopers kit with the green lid. Nice colour and clarity.
Go down the Brew enhancer road - more malt as well as the sugar.

Markdon said:
Can anyone recommend a good lager kit? Want to give one a go, to put into a batch of clear bottles.

Coopers Euro Lager. I did it with 1Kg of Muntons Brew Enhancer. Next time (there WILL be a next time!) I'll dry hop too.

As for the question at hand, not sure what my favourite is at this stage. I'd be struggling to choose between Coopers Euro Lager, Coopers Irish Stout and either of the Woodforde's kits I did: Admirals Reserve or Wherry. The AR would probably shade it as it was more to my taste.

I would NOT do the Coopers Original series 'Lager' again, which was utterly, utterly tasteless. The Coopers Pilsner is still conditioning and the Festival Razorback IPA is still a few weeks shy of being spot on, but the few samples I had the other night suggest it's heading in the right direction (not one for the faint of (hop) heart though!).

Well I wouldn't like to say I have a favourite kit as it would be all down hill from here but some of the ones that have stood out are Wilko Golden ale + beer enhancer and Milestone Black pearl Irish stout.
Ask me this in a years time and you will probably get a completely different answer :hat:

GavH said:
I would NOT do the Coopers Original series 'Lager' again, which was utterly, utterly tasteless.

Well that made me laugh, GavH. :D No doubt your advice is at least as good as mine.

St Peters IPA is my favourite so far. I'm definitely doing that one again.

Latest posts

Back